OSCE observers. Photo: CC BY 2.0 / OSCE Special Monitoring Mission / OSCE SMM monitoring

04 December 2018, 21:51

OSCE Mission fixes no violations in the Karabakh conflict zone

The OSCE observers, who went today to the troops contact line in the Karabakh conflict zone, found no violations there, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Nagorno-Karabakh and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of Azerbaijan have reported.

On the side of Nagorno-Karabakh, the monitoring was carried out south-east of the Kuropatkino dwelling settlement of the Martuni District, the above MFA has reported.

The monitoring was conducted by Mikhail Olaru and Gennady Petrik, assistants to the personal representative of the OSCE chairman-in-office, as well as by Martin Schuster, a staff member of the office of the personal representative. On the opposite side, the monitoring was conducted by Ognen Jovic and Simon Tiller, assistants to the personal representative, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent reports.

The Azerbaijani MoD has confirmed that the OSCE mission has left for the positions today. The monitoring ended without incidents, says the report posted on the MoD's website.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on December 4, 2018 at 06:29 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent

All news

December 12, 2018 18:17

December 12, 2018 18:13

  • Dagestani authorities ignore request of Avars from Kenkhi village

    The request of the Avar residents of the village of Kenkhi, Sharoi District of Chechnya, to build a road connecting the village with the Tsumadin District of Dagestan, remained unanswered. This year, roads were built only in the village itself; but there is no road to the border of Dagestan, said Ramazan Djalaldinov, a resident of the village.

December 12, 2018 15:56

December 12, 2018 15:50

December 12, 2018 15:48

  • HRC reminds Putin: rights of Chechens Tsetiev brothers and Razhapov violated

    Tsetiev brothers and Khamid Razhapov, natives of Chechnya, freed from the charges of attacking rescuers, had been under criminal prosecution for several years. This was announced by Mikhail Fedotov, the head of the Human Rights Council (HRC), at a meeting with President Vladimir Putin. Mikhail Fedotov proposed to create a group to assess the legality of court's decisions.

News archive