03 December 2018, 13:42

Azerbaijan reports shelling of border village

The armistice regime in the Karabakh conflict zone was violated for 30 times during the last 24 hours; the militaries' positions stationed in the village of Agdam of the Tovuz District came under fire, the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defence (MoD) has stated today.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on December 1-2, Azerbaijan recorded 28 attacks on its positions. In its turn, the MoD of Nagorno-Karabakh claimed about 120 attacks committed by Azerbaijan during the week from November 25 to December 1.

On December 2-3, the ceasefire regime on the troops contact line was violated for 30 times; Azerbaijani positions deployed in the village of Agdam in the Tovuz District came under fire, the Azerbaijani MoD said on its website today. The shelling was carried out from the side of Armenia and from the positions located "near the occupied villages", the MoD has specified.

By 08:20 a.m. of today, on their official websites, the Ministries of Defence for Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh have not yet commented on the statement voiced by the Azerbaijani MoD.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on December 3, 2018 at 08:50 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

All news

December 12, 2018 18:17

December 12, 2018 18:13

  • Dagestani authorities ignore request of Avars from Kenkhi village

    The request of the Avar residents of the village of Kenkhi, Sharoi District of Chechnya, to build a road connecting the village with the Tsumadin District of Dagestan, remained unanswered. This year, roads were built only in the village itself; but there is no road to the border of Dagestan, said Ramazan Djalaldinov, a resident of the village.

December 12, 2018 15:56

December 12, 2018 15:50

December 12, 2018 15:48

  • HRC reminds Putin: rights of Chechens Tsetiev brothers and Razhapov violated

    Tsetiev brothers and Khamid Razhapov, natives of Chechnya, freed from the charges of attacking rescuers, had been under criminal prosecution for several years. This was announced by Mikhail Fedotov, the head of the Human Rights Council (HRC), at a meeting with President Vladimir Putin. Mikhail Fedotov proposed to create a group to assess the legality of court's decisions.

News archive