Loading of the military equipment on a plane. Photo http://syria.mil.ru/news/more.htm?id=12105595@egNews

16 March 2017, 10:48

Prompt return of Chechen militaries from Syria announced

The servicemen of the battalion of military police, who have been carrying out their combat mission in Syria since December 2016, will return to Chechnya in the coming days, said the spokesman of the Military Commandant's Office of the republic. Militaries’ relatives have confirmed this information.

The “Caucasian Knot” has reported that it had been planned that the militaries sent to Syria from Chechnya in December 2016 would stay there for a month, but later it became known that their mission was extended until March.

According to the above spokesman of the Military Commandant's Office of Chechnya, there were no casualties or wounded persons among the servicemen of the battalion of military police in Syria. He said that they performed a number of tasks in Aleppo, including guarding the facilities, escorting humanitarian supplies, and ensuring the safety of the military sappers engaged in de-mining.

The attitude of residents of Chechnya to the stay of Chechen servicemen in Syria is ambiguous. Some approve this mission; others find it inadmissible to act for the ruling Syrian regime.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Source: CK correspondents

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 25, 2017 22:49

  • Relatives report disappearance of Apti Kharaev, resident of Chechnya

    Apti Kharaev, a resident of the Urus-Martan District of Chechnya, went missing on March 14; since then, his whereabouts is unknown, said his relatives, who turned to the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial". Earlier, Kharaev had been convicted for taking part in an illegal armed formation (IAF), and was accused of killing power agents, law enforcement sources have reported.

March 25, 2017 21:22

March 25, 2017 20:53

March 25, 2017 15:32

March 25, 2017 13:06

  • Tenants of “Neptun” boarding house in Sochi warned about eviction

    On March 24, a court marshal warned the three families remaining in the “Neptun” boarding house about eviction them without providing other housing. Svetlana Moiseenko with her two children and the Martynov family should do it before April 1, the Manukov family - before June 1. The tenants have stated that they have nowhere to move.

News archive