Consequences of the counter-terrorist operation in the Dagestani settlement of Vremenny, 2014. https://memohrc.org/ru/news/dagestan-itogi-specoperacii-v-poselke-vremennyy-foto

16 November 2019, 17:23

Five years after special operation, over 40 Dagestani families are still in need of housing

Dozens of houses in the Dagestani settlement of Vremenny are unfit for residence today, five years after the counter-terrorist operation (CTO), during which people had to abandon their houses. Some villagers could restore their houses on their own; the authorities failed to take any part therein. Compensations for destroyed houses to villagers are under question due to authorities' inaction, lawyers assert.

The list for compensations, signed by Dmitry Medvedev, includes about 600 people, said Aminat Supyanova, a resident of Vremenny.

After the CTO, residents of Vremenny found themselves in a very difficult situation, because during the CTO law enforcers destroyed gardens, dug up trees and cut the cattle, the woman said.

So far, most villagers have failed to restore normal living conditions. "They often live without furniture lost during the CTO," she said.

They managed to solve the compensation issue due to the broad public resonance, but not all the victims will receive compensations; some will have to re-assemble the package of documents. It's even more difficult to resolve the issue of compensations for repairs of the houses destroyed during the 2014 CTO, the lawyers of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" assert.

The victims' representatives also failed to convince the court that the during the CTO law enforcers had exceeded their powers.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on November 16, 2019 at 02:17 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Rustam Djalilov; Source: CK correspondent

All news

December 05, 2019 21:36

December 05, 2019 21:29

December 05, 2019 18:37

December 05, 2019 18:17

December 05, 2019 18:05

  • "Roskomnadzor" draws up two new protocols against HRC "Memorial"

    Following the FSB Department for Ingushetia, an individual filed a complaint to the "Roskomnadzor" (Russian Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media) about the fact that the materials of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" were released without a "foreign agent" mark. As a result, the number of administrative protocols drawn up against Alexander Cherkasov, the chairman of the HRC's Council, reached eight.

News archive