22 August 2016, 16:12

ECtHR accepts complaint on Akhmednabiyev’s murder

A complaint about the ineffective inquiry into the murder of Akhmednabi Akhmednabiyev, a "Caucasian Knot" correspondent, has passed the filter section of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), and has been registered, said the advocate of the injured party.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that Akhmednabi was shot dead on July 9, 2013. On June 8, 2016, advocate Tumas Misakyan sent a complaint to the ECtHR, saying that the authorities failed to take measures to protect Akhmednabiyev, who had earlier reported about received threats.

According to Misakyan, now the ECtHR may ask the Russian authorities questions on the complaint, which will have to answer them. The Court then will ask the applicant to answer the same questions and comment on the authorities’ answers.

"It's not very fast: we may talk about years: as a rule, from two to five years... It’s too early to talk about the prospects of the case," said Misakyan.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Author: Oleg Krasnov; Source: CK correspondent

All news

November 15, 2019 23:59

November 15, 2019 23:54

November 15, 2019 21:03

November 15, 2019 20:57

November 15, 2019 13:36

News archive