02 August 2014, 00:11
Before his death, journalist Timur Kuashev received threats
On August 1, journalist Timur Kuashev was found dead in a suburb of Nalchik. Earlier, he said that he had received threats from law enforcers and Internet users. He believed that the threats were related to his professional activities.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that Timur Kuashev, a social activist, rights defender and correspondent of the magazine "Dosh", disappeared on July 31. His body was found on August 1 in a suburb of Nalchik.
In May 2014, Timur Kuashev reported on the threats he received from a policeman after the detention in Nalchik at the funeral procession dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the end of the Caucasian War. According to the journalist, the threatened were related to his post in his blog dated May 17, dedicated to the upcoming funeral procession. In his post, Timur Kuashev denied the information disseminated by the law enforcement authorities about his intention to come to the action with Islamic banners and organize a provocation.
In 2013, Timur Kuashev said he received threats from Internet users. Then, while discussing a message posted on April 30, 2013, by a user with nickname kaisynoff, a number of Internet users had made comments that, according to Timur Kuashev, "had been of the nature of threats of physical violence, including murder."
Timur Kuashev was under surveillance, and actually, he regularly received threats. This was stated by Abdulla Duduev, an editor of the magazine "Dosh".