13 April 2010, 23:40

Kabardino-Balkaria fears that recent mass fight may spoil republic's image

On April 15, the settlement of Yantarny, Prokhladny District of Kabardino-Balkaria, will host the Cossack round to discuss the situation after the mass fight between the youth of the villages of Altud and Yantarny.

The "Caucasian Knot" correspondent learnt about it from Alexander Pavlovskiy, acting ataman of the Yantarny Cossack community. According to his story, Cossacks plan to create a people's brigade for prevention henceforth of this sort of incidents.

Let us remind you that on April 7 after two football matches a mass fight burst out between youngsters Altud and Yantarny, in which six persons were wounded.

Igor Logvinenko, a deputy of the republic's parliament and a resident of the city of Prokhladny, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that today in Prokhladny a sitting took place of the commission in charge of increased role of public in counteracting extremism and terrorism, where, among other things, the above fight was considered.

"Young people regularly fight at dancing or discos, but never before such fights had interethnic aspect. I took part in such fights myself," deputy Logvinenko said.

In the opinion of the deputy, this incident can negatively affect the social wellbeing of locals and boost outflow of the youth.

He told his story about the incident, referring to eyewitnesses: on April 7, a football match took place in Yantarny, after which a fight burst out between young people from Yantarny and Altud. Its initiator was a teenager who lives in Altud, but studies in the Yantarny School. Allegedly, someone of senior pupils took away his money on a regular basis. The teenager brought a "support group" of about 30 persons from his village and pointed with his finger at those, who should be beaten.

Youngsters from Primalkinskoe village fought on the side of Yantarny residents. As a result of the fight six persons suffered, one of them named Mezikin lost his two teeth.

According to eyewitnesses, the assistant of the district militiaman, who was called to interfere, made nothing. As the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the Prokhladny ROVD, a service check is now underway of his inaction.

The ROVD sees no interethnic aspect in the fight and believes that the incident was "inflated" by mass media.

Residents of Yantarny told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that such incidents had never happened there before.

The Department of the FSB of the Russian Federation for the KBR (Kabardino-Balkarian Republic) has categorically denied any pressure on the participants of the incident. "We know nothing about it," said Natalia Borovinskaya, head of the press service. Let us remind you that parents of the young fighters reported that they had been threatened by the agents of the above Department and asked to recall their applications under the motive that the FSB agents would tackle everything "at their level."

Earlier, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria had already marked that the republic saw more frequent fights among youngsters. In particular, such fight burst out on November 13 the last year in the resort part of the city.

Author: Luiza Orazaeva; Source: CK correspondent

All news

April 25, 2019 14:49

April 25, 2019 14:43

April 25, 2019 11:34

April 25, 2019 11:26

  • Colorado House of Representatives recognizes NKR's independence

    On April 24, 2019, the House of Representatives of the US State of Colorado adopted a resolution condemning the Armenian Genocide in the Ottoman Turkey. By a separate point, the House recognized the independence of the Republic of Artsakh (the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic – NKR).

April 25, 2019 11:16

  • Chechen MIA reports decrease in number of militants killed in Q1 2019

    In Chechnya, in January-March this year, one alleged member of the armed underground was killed, whereas in the same period of 2018, there were six of them, an official of the republic's Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) has informed, thus, confirming the data of the "Caucasian Knot" about the number of alleged members of the armed underground killed during these periods.

News archive