Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 24486
20:19, 10 August 2015
Inoyat Tabukhov, who was killed during a shootout in Nalchik on August 8, had been the leader of the "central sector" of the armed underground in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), operating in Nalchik and adjacent districts.
18:27, 10 August 2015
Employees of SIZO (pre-trial prison) No. 2 "Lefortovo" have served an act to Zaur Dadaev about confiscation of an encrypted letter that arrived at the SIZO on August 3, said the advocate Shamsudin Tsakaev, adding that Dadaev, who is accused of murdering Boris Nemtsov, had not seen the letter.
14:10, 10 August 2015
Today, at 5:30 a.m. Moscow time, power agents have put the Untsukul District under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime with the aim to search for militants. In this context, they have temporarily closed the Gimry Tunnel. Locals have reported accumulation of large amounts of military equipment near the village of Gimry.
13:24, 10 August 2015
Today, the North-Caucasian District Military Court in Rostov-on-Don has held the oral hearing on the case of the ex-Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov. The state prosecutor demanded to sentence Amirov, by combination of his crimes, to life imprisonment, the "Chernovik" reports.
09:00, 10 August 2015
Commemorative events in Georgia and South Ossetia on the seventh anniversary of the events of August 2008; emergency power outages in Southern Russia with the onset of hot weather; eight killed suspected militants within a week in KBR; nomination of candidates for the head of North Ossetia; end of judicial inquiry in case of Yunus spouses in Azerbaijan; registration of candidates for the heads of Rostov Region and Krasnodar Territory, – see the review of these and other events in the Caucasus during the week of August 3-9, 2015, prepared by the "Caucasian Knot".
- Azerbaijan
- Dagestan
- Georgia
- Kabardino-Balkaria
- Krasnodar Territory
- North Ossetia-Alania
- North-Caucasian Federal District
- Russia
- South Caucasus
- South Federal District
- South Ossetia
- Stavropol Region

- Conflicts
- Crime
- Economics
- Human rights
- Incidents
- Nature And Ecology
- Politics
- Society
- Сaucasus held at gunpoint by caliphate
08:00, 10 August 2015
The advocate Mark Feigin, who is representing at the Donetsk City Court of the Rostov Region the interests of the Ukrainian servicewoman Nadezhda Savchenko, has posted on his website the conclusion of the examination of the video, which, in his opinion, confirms her innocence.
06:21, 10 August 2015
Andrei Vinogradov, the head of the Kizlyar District of Dagestan, has been charged with the financing of terrorism, aiding in an attempted murder of a policeman and an attempted murder of an official of the city administration, the "Kommersant" reports.
03:24, 10 August 2015
Magomed Gaikuev, a resident of the village of Andi, whose whereabouts was not known since August 2, has returned home this morning. According to his relative, Gaikuev told about his detention by power agents and torture with electric current.
02:41, 10 August 2015
During the week from August 3 to August 9, 2015, at least 13 people fell victim to the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus, including 11 killed and two wounded persons. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.
00:34, 10 August 2015
The death of the journalist Rasim Aliyev was a result of impunity for crimes against independent media in Azerbaijan, said his colleagues and oppositional politicians.
17:59, 9 August 2015
Asker Teminov and Murzabek Mullaev were detained in the village of Kumli, Nogai District of Dagestan, in the evening on August 8, local residents have reported. The local ROVD (District Interior Division) has confirmed the detention.
15:31, 8 August 2015
Today, during a shootout in 2nd Taman Division Street in Nalchik, power agents killed Inoyat Tabukhov, suspected of the murders of Rector Boris Zherukov, TV journalist Kazbek Gekkiev and investigator Alim Vorokov, committed in 2012.
12:09, 8 August 2015
On August 7, Arbi Dikaev was sentenced by the Grozny District Court of Chechnya, a source from the Prosecutor's Office of Chechnya told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. The young man was accused of preparing to participate in an armed formation in the territory of Syria.
08:56, 8 August 2015
By the outcomes of the comprehensive forensic examination, medical experts suggest that Boris Nemtsov was shot dead from two different pistols, the "Kommersant" writes today.
08:47, 8 August 2015
The decision of the Investigating Committee of the Russian Federation (ICRF) to recognize the actions of power agents from the Stavropol Territory during their operation in Grozny, which ended in murder of suspect Djambulat Dadaev, as legitimate had been reversed by the District Court in Grozny.