03 November 2018, 12:45

Arrested Buynaksk residents complain of torture

Samat Tatarkhanov and Daniyal Zagirov, residents of Buynaksk, who had been detained on charges of possessing weapons, have stated that they had been tortured with electric current, and their testimonies about links with militants were falsified.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on October 23, investigators announced the arrest of four residents of the Buynaksk District, including two teenagers, on suspicion of illegal arms dealing.

Meanwhile, relatives reported the disappearance of four young men in Buynaksk at least four days before the investigators' report. For several days, they knew nothing about the whereabouts of the young men.

Shamil Khadulaev, a members of the Public Oversight Commission (POC) of Dagestan, told about his meeting and talk with two of the four detained young people – the 19-year-old Samat Tatarkhanov and Daniyal Zagirov – at the SIZO (pre-trial prison).

"According to their story, they were tortured by electric current, which was connected to their legs by means of wires," said Khadulaev.

According to Tatarkhanov and Zagirov, on the next day after their detention, they were taken to the forest and at gunpoint they were forced to read the oath to the "Islamic State" (IS), a terrorist organization, banned in Russia by the court. At this time, people in masks filmed them to the mobile phone of one of the detainees, Mr Khadulaev, a POC member, has quoted the detainees.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on November 3, 2018 at 02:47 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Rasul Magomedov; Source: CK correspondent

All news

January 17, 2019 22:14

January 17, 2019 22:08

January 17, 2019 17:56

January 17, 2019 17:49

  • Chechen authorities announce a free excursion to region bordering Ingushetia

    A free excursion to the Galanchozh District is scheduled for January 26, and any citizen of Chechnya can take part in it, reports the spokesperson for the Ministry of Tourism for Chechnya. The initiative was announced after Ingush activists had voiced a call to abandon the resettlement of Chechen residents to the above territory.

January 17, 2019 17:38

News archive