Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 24486
07:31, 31 March 2015
The defence of the persons sentenced in the case of the murder of journalist Abdulmalik Akhmedilov has announced the intention to challenge the verdict in the nearest future.
06:05, 31 March 2015
The population of Russia expresses a surge of optimism in relation to the situation in Northern Caucasus and a reduction of negative expectations. This was proved by the data of the recent survey led by the Levada Centre. The sociologists believe that the Russians' attitude is affected by the absence of lack of critical articles about the situation in the region, and, besides, the Russian residents treat the incoming information less important than the information about the events in Ukraine.
02:26, 31 March 2015
On March 30, at the court hearing held in Boston, the US Attorney's office completed the presentation of evidence in the case against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, accused of organizing a terror act during the marathon in Boston in 2013. From the prosecution party, the court questioned the persons affected by the terror act, relatives of victims, law enforcers, physicians, and other experts.
20:39, 30 March 2015
Activists Timur Kuashev and Ruslan Magomeragimov died under mysterious circumstances; and their relatives stated marks from injection needle on their bodies, note Albert Esedov, the leader of the movement "Sadval", and Orhan Jemal, a journalist of the Forbes magazine.
19:37, 30 March 2015
The investigating authorities of Dagestan have detained a woman from Izberbash, suspected of trying to sell his 5-year-old daughter.
15:17, 30 March 2015
The convoy service of the Lenin District Court of Makhachkala would not let reporters to the open session, where sentences to the figurants of the murder case of journalist Abdulmalik Akhmedilov were announced, said a representative of the victims.
13:31, 30 March 2015
During the week of March 23-29, 2015, at least 2 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. No wounded were reported. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.
13:24, 30 March 2015
Contrary to the earlier disseminated information, Zaur Dadaev, the main person, accused of killing Boris Nemtsov, looks like the gunman, described by the witness Evgeny, the RBC reported on March 27 with reference to the protocol of questioning the eyewitness of the murder of Boris Nemtsov, who was previously treated by media as "a new witness"
13:18, 30 March 2015
The Azerbaijani journalist Khadija Ismayilova has been put on the list of nine arrested media professionals, whose names will be engraved on bracelets within the campaign "Press without Handcuffs", organized by the journalist Dana Priest and American students.
12:15, 30 March 2015
Investigators detect a new potential defendant in Boris Nemtsov murder case. According to testimony of Zaur Dadaev, that person provided a ZAZ car and a pistol to commit the crime and promised to pay 5 million roubles to each person to be involved in the crime. This has been reported in today's article written by Grigory Tumanov and published by the newspaper "Kommersant".
11:43, 30 March 2015
During an anti-government rally in Gyumri, unidentified man has struck with a knife and wounded Grachya Mirzoyan, a member of the public initiative "Pre-Parliament".
10:19, 30 March 2015
On the neck of Ruslan Magomedragimov, an activist of the movement "Sadval", who was found dead in Kaspiysk, the experts found marks resembling signs of injections. This was reported by the "Chernovik" (Draft), with reference to family members and friends of Ruslan Magomedragimov.
09:20, 30 March 2015
Adoption by UN Council of Armenia's resolution against justification of genocides; direction of main case of ex-Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov to court; decision of Russian Supreme Court in case of resident of Chechnya, whose rights violation was recognized by ECtHR, – see the review of these and other events in the Caucasus during the week of March 23-29, 2015, prepared by the "Caucasian Knot".
20:30, 29 March 2015
The tragedy in Gyumri could have been prevented if the Russian military base had not violated international treaties. This was stated by Daniel Ionnisyan, the manager of the programmes of the NGO "Union of Informed Citizens". Members of the NGO have prepared and posted on the Internet a video record, which describes the facts of violations of the Russian-Armenian treaties in connection with the tragedy in Gyumri.
14:28, 29 March 2015
The case against Valery Permyakov will be considered by a military tribunal in the territory of the Russian military base in Gyumri. This was reported by Leonid Slutsky, the head of the delegation of the Russian State Duma.