Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 15625
22:41, 16 February 2014
As reported by Aminat Malsagova, the Chair of the Public Supervisory Commission (PSC) of Chechnya, a native of Chechnya, who is serving his sentence in a colony in Karelia, had been tortured and is currently in hospital in Vologda.
23:50, 14 February 2014
The Memorial to victims of the deportation in 1944 under Stalin's order, which was built in 1992 in Grozny, is now being dismantled. The gravestones monuments, which constituted the main part of the composition, are transferred to the territory of the complex, dedicated to the memory of the fallen employees of the Chechen power structures, located in Akhmat Kadyrov Square.
11:13, 14 February 2014
The journalist Anna Politkovskaya systematically received threats, and her murder was linked to her professional activities, Dmitry Muratov, the editor-in-chief of the "Novaya Gazeta", said at a session of the Moscow City Court (MCC).
09:47, 14 February 2014
A native of Chechen Sheikh-Akhmed Baisuev, who was killed in Dagestan on February 11, was known to power agents as "Amir" of the city of Gudermes, said a law enforcement source. Earlier, his family earlier was subjected to pressure from power agents, human rights defenders assert.
08:41, 11 February 2014
The probability of terror acts and provocations during the Winter Olympics in Sochi cannot be ruled out, said the politicians, human rights activists, lawyers and journalists, questioned by the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to their answers, at the maximum concentration of anti-terrorist forces in Sochi and its vicinities, other regions of Russia remain vulnerable.
05:15, 10 February 2014
During the week from February 3 to February 9, 2014, the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus affected at least 15 people; 14 of them were killed and one person was wounded. These are the results of the calculations made by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.
22:52, 9 February 2014
The Moscow-based office of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" has hosted a presentation of the bulletin "Three years of 'stability'"," telling about the situation in Northern Caucasus during the period from autumn 2009 to autumn 2012.
07:41, 8 February 2014
Last year, 35,000 tourists visited Chechnya, says the Committee on Tourism under the Republic's Government. According to the Committee, most of them come from neighbouring regions for pilgrimage to saints' tombs, and for sightseeing.
13:34, 7 February 2014
Three people were killed and one was wounded in the Urus-Martan District of Chechnya, said a source from the republic's law enforcement bodies.
11:38, 7 February 2014
On January 31, two unidentified persons kidnapped in Dagestan two Chontaul villagers; one of them was later released, say the villagers. According to their story, the fate of the second one, who served in Chechnya under contract, remains unknown.
09:09, 3 February 2014
Passage of the Olympic Torch Relay in the republics of Northern Caucasus; detention in Dagestan of suspected helpers to suicide bombers and identification of initiators of terror acts in Volgograd, – see the review of these and other events in the Caucasus during the week of January 27-February 2, 2014, prepared by the "Caucasian Knot".
00:12, 2 February 2014
The mother of Khadizhat Elimkhanova, a 20-year-old resident of Grozny, abducted in Chechnya, has complained to the Prosecutor's Office about improper investigation into her daughter's abduction. The Office has stated that they will supervise the investigation.
02:50, 1 February 2014
Alu Amirkhanov, earlier Imam of the mosque named after Akhmad Kadyrov, has been appointed a new Kadi (Islamic Judge) of the Urus-Martan District of Chechnya.
17:38, 31 January 2014
The prosecutor's demand to apply death penalty to Johar Tsarnaev, a native of Chechnya, accused of committing a terror act in Boston, may change, if Tsarnaev agrees to deal with the investigation, The New York Times writes.
14:38, 31 January 2014
2013 totals by "Caucasian Knot" for Northern Caucasus: count of victims of armed conflict on decline
In 2013, the total number of victims of the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus decreased as compared to 2012 by 239 people, or by 19.5%. The death toll went down from 700 in 2012 to 529 in 2013, i.e., by 24.4%; the number of wounded persons – from 525 to 457 (by 13%). However losses among civilians went up.