Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 15625
01:29, 28 March 2017
There are no guarantees of the veracity of the official version about the attack on a unit of the National Guard in the regional centre of Naurskaya in the north of Chechnya. This opinion was voiced by experts interviewed by the "Caucasian Knot".
18:40, 27 March 2017
An appeal to the head of Chechnya after the riots in the village of Davydenko, where power agents have beat up and detained the villagers who tried to protect their houses from demolition, was released via the WhatsApp messenger in the hope to bring information to Kadyrov.
08:35, 27 March 2017
Attack of militants of a terrorist organization on a military unit in Chechnya; anti-corruption actions held by Alexei Navalny's supporters in the cities of Southern Russia; verdict against Khasan Zakaev in the case of the terror act at the Dubrovka Theatre, – see the review of these and other events in the Caucasus during the week of March 20-26, 2017, prepared by the "Caucasian Knot".
- Abkhazia
- Armenia
- Chechnya
- Dagestan
- Karachay-Cherkessia
- Krasnodar Territory
- North-Caucasian Federal District
- Rostov Region
- Russia
- South Caucasus
- South Federal District
- Stavropol Region
- Volgograd Region

- Armenia protests
- Conflicts
- Economics
- Human rights
- Politics
- Society
- Terror acts in Moscow and Caucasus
- Сaucasus held at gunpoint by caliphate
03:31, 27 March 2017
During the week of March 20-26, 2017, 15 persons fell victim to the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. Of them, 12 were killed, and three others were wounded. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.
22:49, 25 March 2017
Apti Kharaev, a resident of the Urus-Martan District of Chechnya, went missing on March 14; since then, his whereabouts is unknown, said his relatives, who turned to the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial". Earlier, Kharaev had been convicted for taking part in an illegal armed formation (IAF), and was accused of killing power agents, law enforcement sources have reported.
21:22, 25 March 2017
Last night, Rizvan Minazov, 28, was taken away from his home in Grozny by unidentified armed men, his relatives reported. Minazov was detained on suspicion of involvement in an attack in the Naur District, said a source from the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) of Chechnya.
12:01, 25 March 2017
On March 24, the father of Muridov brothers, killed by law enforcers during the attack on the checkpoint of the “Rosgvardia” (National Guard of Russia), was detained, along with other relatives of the militants, said a resident of the village of Naurskaya. Mass detentions of young people with beards were also held in Grozny, local residents have reported.
10:41, 25 March 2017
The six militants killed on March 24, during the attack on the checkpoint of the “Rosgvardia”, had lived in the village of Naurskaya, the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) of Chechnya has reported. The families of the deceased servicemen will be granted material help, said the spokesman of the “Rosgvardia”.
01:27, 25 March 2017
When passing the verdict to Magomed Kushtov, the court failed to take into account the testimony of his brother Abukar, who has confessed that it was he who took part in the abduction of the Israeli citizen Laura Lichtman, not Magomed. The evidence, regarded by the court, is doubtful; therefore, the Kushtov's guilt cannot be considered proved, his advocates assert.
21:00, 24 March 2017
On March 20, 2017, the account "Chechen News" on the YouTube posted a video entitled "Meeting of Military Jamaat of Ichkeria". According to the captions to the video, it shows former fighters of the grouping "Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar, who had fought in Syria. In the video, armed people, whose faces are masked, discuss how they will "gather Muhajids."
18:28, 24 March 2017
The organization "Islamic State" (IS), banned in Russia, has claimed responsible for attacking the military camp of the National Guard, as a result of which 12 people were killed and three others wounded. Four days before the attack, a video appeared on the Internet of a meeting of militants-returnees from Syria, members of another terrorist organization, which opposes the IS.
17:54, 24 March 2017
Among the six fighters of the National Guard, killed in the attack on the checkpoint in the Naur District of Chechnya, there are natives of Dagestan, Kabardino-Balkaria and North Ossetia.
11:16, 24 March 2017
In Chechnya, the shootout at a checkpoint in the Naur District, in which six fighters of the National Guard and six militants were killed, became at least the third armed clash between law enforcers and suspected members of the armed underground in the republic since early 2017.
18:33, 23 March 2017
On May 10, fighters of the battalion of the military police sent from Ingushetia to Syria will return home. This has been reported today to Yunus-Bek Evkurov by Vladimir Ivanovsky, the head of the Chief Department of the Russian Military Police.