Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 15625
10:15, 11 August 2017
Ten women from Chechnya have prepared a collective appeal to rights defenders in Europe with a request to help in search for their sons. The appeal lists the names of young people who allegedly fell victim to extrajudicial execution.
21:18, 10 August 2017
The supposed relatives of children from Dagestan, who had been taken to Iraq, got in touch after watching a video from a shelter in Baghdad. The head of Dagestan, Ramazan Abdulatipov, has set up a commission to search for and return children, the “Russia Today” (RT) reports.
19:33, 10 August 2017
The Russian Ministry of Culture (MoC) has financed a "spiritless" film that "will not find its spectator" either in Chechnya, or in other regions, Ramzan Kadyrov said. Vladimir Aristarkhov, First Deputy Minister of Culture regrets that "respected people" have criticized “Matilda” in absentia.
12:19, 10 August 2017
The Iraqi authorities have agreed to transfer children of Dagestani residents who joined terrorists only to delegates of the republic. This was reported by a member of the Chechen Diaspora in Jordan.
15:27, 9 August 2017
Anatoly Karibov, First Deputy Prime Minister of Dagestan, has asked to exclude the republic from the rental certificate for screening the film "Matilda". The Russian Ministry of Culture has stated that to make exceptions for certain regions is not in its competence and suggested that the authorities of Chechnya and Dagestan will decide for themselves whether to ban the film or not.
10:49, 9 August 2017
A four-year-old boy, taken by his father from Chechnya and returned two years later, gets used to the new situation.
07:58, 9 August 2017
On August 18, the first group of pilgrims from Chechnya, who this year makes a pilgrimage to Mecca, will travel to Saudi Arabia. In 2017, the republic has been allocated a quota for 2600 pilgrims.
03:12, 9 August 2017
Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov has demanded to ban the screening in the republic of the film "Matilda" directed by Alexei Uchitel. The Russian Ministry of Culture has stated that "Chechnya has a right for that."
13:42, 8 August 2017
For more than a month, despite the Criminal Procedure Code, no criminal cases have been filed on the disappearance of Chechen residents who allegedly fell victim to extrajudicial execution. This was reported by rights defenders.
03:06, 8 August 2017
In the Shelkovskaya District of Chechnya, while attempting to take off, a light-motor aircraft crashed into a parked car. The pilot was hospitalized in a state of moderate gravity.
17:28, 7 August 2017
Today, the District Court of the Polish city of Białystok has sentenced four Chechens who were accused of raising money for militants.
12:52, 7 August 2017
Costs for the repeated Hajj have increased for pilgrims significantly after Saudi Arabia imposed a fee in the amount of 540 US dollars. In Chechnya, many believers doubt that the trip will be affordable for them.
11:35, 7 August 2017
Relatives openly supported two persons detained shortly after an attack on Grozny in December 2016. The case considered by the Staropromyslovsky District Court of the capital of Chechnya, has pointed to the change in the traditional mechanism of public condemnation, the newspaper "Novaya Gazeta" reports today.
11:30, 7 August 2017
During the week of July 31-August 6, 2017, no one was registered as killed or wounded in the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.
13:46, 5 August 2017
On August 3 and 4, law enforcers carried out raids to inspect stores and stalls selling Islamic goods and located in the villages and towns of the Achkhoi-Martan, Urus-Martan and Sunzha Districts. Officials from the Chechen Prosecutor's Office told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the conducted raids revealed no violations related to the sale of banned literature and other materials of an extremist nature.