05 April 2021, 18:02
Week from March 29 to April 4 passed without victims of armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
During the week from March 29 to April 4, 2021, no information was received about the casualties or wounded persons during the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from open sources.
Special and counterterrorist operations
On April 3, searches were conducted in a shopping centre in Nazran (Ingushetia). Access to the building was blocked by military equipment of special technicians. Law enforcers checked the booths selling expensive gold jewellery. There is no information about the reason for the searches yet.
On April 2, it became known that Nurmagomed Mamuev, a native of the Urus-Martan District, was taken away into some unknown place in Chechnya. On March 24, law enforcers broke into the apartment in Berlin where the 32-year-old Nurmagomed Mamuev lived with his family. They took Mamuev away, and the next day told his wife that Mamuev was already in Russia, without explaining on what basis he was deported from Germany to his homeland. Later, the wife learned that in Moscow Mamuev was handed over to Chechen authorities, and on March 25, they brought him to his mother's house in Shalazhi in Chechnya. On March 26, people in civilian clothes came to pick him up and presented no documents. The relatives were not told where Mamuev was taken; later, the police station said that he was not kept there. Since then, relatives have no information about Nurmagomed Mamuev's whereabouts.
Let us note here this was the third consecutive week without victims of the armed conflict. Prior to that, incidents with victims were recorded for three weeks in a row.