Homepage /
Results of your search
Find: 24486
00:23, 21 August 2019
Magomed Gadjiev, a member of the Public Chamber and the Public Oversight Commission (POC) of Dagestan, told the court that law enforcers had forced him to slander the head of the republic's branch of the Federal Service of Court Marshals.
23:51, 20 August 2019
Kemran Isaev, a resident of Dagestan, suspected of possessing weapons and ammunition, said in the video posted today that he had planned to confess and surrender his pistol to the police.
14:31, 20 August 2019
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) of Dagestan dismissed 24 notifications of actions in support of Abdulmumin Gadjiev, an arrested correspondent of the newspaper "Chernovik" (Draft), reported Arsen Magomedov, one of the initiators of the actions. Dana Sakieva, a wife of Abdulmumin Gadjiev, complains that her visits to her husband are time-limited.
11:15, 20 August 2019
Ikram Ragimov, an Azerbaijani journalist, who is holding a hunger strike at SIZO (pre-trial prison), is in extremely grave condition, his relatives have stated after visiting him.
08:32, 20 August 2019
A complaint was sent to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) about the torture of Timur Muritov, convicted for recruiting people into the ranks of the "Islamic State" (a terrorist organization, banned in Russia by the court), who stated at the trial that he had been tortured by electric current and beat up by law enforcers in Dagestan.
21:51, 19 August 2019
Abubukar-Sedyk Khadisov was found guilty of posting a comment justifying terrorism and sentenced to three years in colony, the North-Caucasian District Military Court has informed today.
21:39, 19 August 2019
On August 18, Kemran Isaev, a resident of the village of Terechnoye, disappeared in the Khasavyurt District of Dagestan. Today, his relatives and fellow villagers rallied in Khasavyurt, claiming that the man was kidnapped. Isaev was detained on suspicion of illegal firearm possession, the Dagestani Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) has reported.
13:49, 19 August 2019
Karabakh soldier's passage to Azerbaijan; searches of Moscow and Ingush offices of "Legal Initiative"; decision of Russia's SC on return to Grozny of case of Dagestanis killed in Chechnya; central Sochi flooded after downpour; sale of Georgian "Rustavi-2" TV Company, – read about these events in the Caucasus that occurred during the week of August 12-18, 2019, in the review prepared by the "Caucasian Knot".
15:50, 17 August 2019
The advocate has challenged the amount of compensation awarded by the court in Makhachkala to Sultankhan Ibragimov, who was acquitted after accusation of two murders.
12:40, 17 August 2019
At the SIZO (pre-trial prison), Azerbaijani journalist Polad Aslanov, accused of treason, is restricted in his rights to meet his relatives and to make phone calls, his wife has stated. According to her story, the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) has begun checking the complaint about the violation of her husband's rights in custody and a biased investigation.
08:27, 17 August 2019
Journalist Ikram Ragimov, who is on a hunger strike at the SIZO (pre-trial prison), has reported, in a telephone conversation with his cousin, that he continues his protest action despite a serious deterioration of his health.
08:18, 17 August 2019
A young man abducted a 13-year-old girl in the city of Nazran aiming to marry her, the republic's Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) has informed. Law enforcers returned the girl to her parents.
22:09, 15 August 2019
The Azerbaijani Penitentiary Service has confirmed that the journalist, Ikram Ragimov is on a hunger strike. At the same time, a source from the Service has noted that Ragimov has no problems with his health. However, his relatives state his exhaustion.
21:35, 15 August 2019
Law enforcers are applying physical violence to detainees, if they fail to get confessions through psychological pressure, said Aslan Khugaev, who investigated the death of Vladimir Tskaev.
14:33, 15 August 2019
Friends and colleagues of Abdulmumin Gadjiev, an arrested correspondent of the newspaper "Chernovik" (Draft), submitted 27 more notifications to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) of Dagestan about holding public actions in his support. The activists are ready to hold a rally even at an offshore abandoned workshop of the "Dagdiesel" plant, states Arsen Magomedov, an initiator of the action.