21 October 2020, 11:59
NK authorities claim shelling of Martakert and Martuni
The cities of Martakert and Martuni, as well as the settlement of Krasny Bazar, have been shelled, the authorities of Nagorno-Karabakh (NK) have stated. The situation is calm in Shushi and Stepanakert, but people try not to go out into the streets unnecessarily, local residents inform.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on October 17, a truce came into force in NK, but on the following day, the parties again exchanged accusations of shelling. On October 19, the NK's Emergency Situations Service announced the shelling of the city of Martuni and four villages of the Kashatag District. Residents of Stepanakert said that on October 19, the situation in the city was calm, but townspeople prefer to stay in shelters.
In Stepanakert, the night and day on October 20 passed without shelling, Emma Saakyan, a resident of the city, has noted. According to her story, people remain in shelters, strictly following the instructions of emergency services.
The administration of the city of Martakert said that the city and nearby villages had been subjected to missile fire every day since the first day of hostilities; and houses and buildings had been bombarded.
Mariam Alexanyan, a resident of Shushi, has added that the older generation and the men, who are fighting, are staying in the city – in total, no more than 50 percent of the initial population.
This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on October 21, 2020 at 01:06 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan Source: CK correspondent