Svyatoslav Kovalenko, a blogger. Screenshot of a video on the TRUE GYM YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpTxO_39ktU

14 July 2020, 10:47

Blogger complains about beating by Chechen opponent

Svyatoslav Kovalenko, a Moscow blogger, said that he had been beaten up after a conflict with a Chechen blogger, who became famous for his forced apologies. Chechen authorities will help to punish those responsible, Ramzan Kadyrov's assistant has promised.

The beating occurred on July 10 in Moscow. According to Kovalenko, a native of Chechnya "came to claim him for the interview," in which the blogger stated that he was no authority for him.

"I'm against inciting interethnic or any other kind of hatred. I am against violence in all its manifestations," the blogger said.

"Kovalenko exposes highlanders' machinations, who own hookahs, and makes video films in defence of consumer rights," the "readovka.ru" writes.

Last year, this man created a grouping that arranges showdowns in city streets and extorts money from bloggers in exchange for patronage, the "Novye Izvestia" writes, noting that this was stated by the blogger Kituashvili, known as Eric Davidych.

Thus, one video tells that two months after contacting the blogger, Tajik workers employed at a construction site in Moscow were able to get their earned money; and their employer himself called them with an apology.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on July 13, 2020 at 08:45 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

    ins
All news
ДАННОЕ СООБЩЕНИЕ (МАТЕРИАЛ) СОЗДАНО И (ИЛИ) РАСПРОСТРАНЕНО ИНОСТРАННЫМ СРЕДСТВОМ МАССОВОЙ ИНФОРМАЦИИ, ВЫПОЛНЯЮЩИМ ФУНКЦИИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА, И (ИЛИ) РОССИЙСКИМ ЮРИДИЧЕСКИМ ЛИЦОМ, ВЫПОЛНЯЮЩИМ ФУНКЦИИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА.

August 10, 2022 23:58

August 10, 2022 23:55

August 10, 2022 19:34

August 10, 2022 19:27

August 10, 2022 16:19

  • Nagorno-Karabakh: partial mobilization cancelled

    The President of Nagorno-Karabakh has signed a decree on the demobilization of the citizens called up for service during the partial mobilization announced on August 3, the "News.am" writes with reference to the President's press service.

News archive