Screenshot of post made by the Children's Ombudsperson in Russia about return of four children from Syria, https://www.facebook.com/ombudswoman/posts/2812143255544089

12 September 2019, 01:01

Four children taken from Syria to Chechnya and Dagestan

A boy and two girls, transported a few days ago from Syria to Moscow, have been taken to Grozny and handed over to relatives, a representative of the office of the head and government of Chechnya told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

According to his story, several years ago, the mother of these children went with them from Chechnya to Turkey, from where she then moved to Iraq. In late 2018, she and her three children were detained in the area of the Turkish border by Kurdish militias. "The family had been looking for several years for the children, whom their mother had secretly taken to Iraq," the Chechen official has stated.

"In the end of 2018, the mother with her three children fled from Iraq," the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told in the Chechen Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA). "The eldest child, a 15-year-old girl, stayed in Mosul; nothing is known about her fate. The woman with the rest of her children was detained in December 2018 by Kurdish militias near the Syrian-Turkish border; and then, they ended up in a prison in Damascus. The children were taken out; and their mother is, apparently, awaiting a trial," a Chechen police officer has explained.

In total, on September 7, four children were taken out of Syria. One of them, a girl, is being handed over to her relatives in Dagestan, the RIA "Novosti" informed on the same day with reference to Anna Kuznetsova, the Children's Ombudsperson in Russia.

Ms Kuznetsova has noted that the children were held in a Syrian prison in hard conditions.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on September 11, 2019 at 08:38 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Source: CK correspondent

All news

September 18, 2019 19:01

  • NAC reports details of CTO in Chegem

    In Chegem, two persons who were plotting a terror act, were killed a shootout, while no law enforcers were injured, the National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) reported. The killed suspects were members of a banned terrorist organization, reported a source from the law enforcement bodies of Kabardino-Balkaria.

September 18, 2019 18:58

September 18, 2019 18:46

  • NAC reports prevention of terror act in Dagestan

    A detained supporter of the "Islamic State" (IS), a terrorist organization banned in the Russian Federation, manufactured a powerful improvised explosive device (IED) while he was plotting a terror act in Dagestan, the National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) reported.

September 18, 2019 16:17

  • Akhmat Kadyrov Foundation's balance exceeds Chechnya's reserve by over 8 times

    In 2018, the Akhmat Kadyrov Foundation increased its assets due to donations up to 3.68 billion roubles. The amount exceeds the official reserve funds of the Chechen Republic by more than 8 times. Meanwhile, the Akhmat Kadyrov Foundation, which owns large Chechen enterprises, showed zero income from entrepreneurial activity.

September 18, 2019 16:12

  • "Musavat" Party activist Abulfaz Sadygbeili interrogated in Azerbaijan

    On September 17, Abulfaz Sadygbeili, an activist of the "Musavat" Party, serving his suspended sentence, was summoned and interrogated at the General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan for two hours as a witness. Abulfaz Sadygbeili compared the situation with the case earlier instituted against him when he was first questioned as a witness, then charged and arrested.

News archive