Viktor Makeev, detained at rally in Vladikavkaz, released

 

The organizer of the memorial rally on the seventh anniversary of the death of 384 persons during the hostage-taking terror act in Beslan was released by the police and waits for summon.

The decision to send the materials on Viktor Makeev's detention to the court will be made within three working days, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the Lenin ROVD (District Interior Division) of Vladikavkaz.

Let us remind you that on September 4 in the central square of Vladikavkaz, in front of the city administration, an unauthorized rally was held on the seventh anniversary of the Beslan tragedy. One of its organizers - Victor Makeev, the head of the local unit of the all-Russian public organization "Communists of Russia" - was detained.

The organizer himself believes that the reason he was detained by law enforcers - the unauthorized rally - is far-fetched and has nothing to do with reality.

Mr Makeev argues that the rally was no violation of the law. "We've done everything in accordance with the applicable law: we timely filed a notification and fulfilled all the necessary requirements," he said.

According to his story, the city administration did not ban the rally, but recommended not to hold it "because of increased terrorist threat." "The answer was a recommendation not a ban; therefore our decision to hold the rally was not against the law," Makeev believes.

In his opinion, it was not for the first time that the administration refused to sanction a rally held by a public organization.

Should the case reach the court, Makeev may face an administrative fine of 1-2000 roubles.

As reported by Ella Kesaeva, the leader of the "Voice of Beslan", activists of this NGO were a bit late for the start of the rally. "When we stood with our posters, I looked back and saw that Makeev was pushed into a police car," she continued. "The rally started with a demand to release Makeev, because we didn't break any law."

An employee of the Lenin ROVD of Vladikavkaz, who asked not to name him, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that no illegal action had been applied to Viktor Makeev.

The rally, which, according to the source, was attended by no more than fifteen persons, was not been coordinated with the city authorities. "Makeev was repeatedly warned about his administrative responsibility in case he neglects the recommendations not to hold the rally during this period," emphasizes the police officer.

He also refuted the information that Makeev was forced into a police car.

 

Author:
Source: CK correspondent