02 December 2020, 08:26

Chechen authorities allocate over USD 50,000 for New Year celebrations with Kadyrov's participation

The Chechen authorities are preparing for the New Year holiday with a concert, to which they will invite 500 people and allocate more than 4 million roubles. The event will be held with the participation of Ramzan Kadyrov, who shortly before spoke out for modest New Year festivities.

As reported on the website of state purchases, the celebration will be entrusted to professional presenters with the title not lower than Honoured Artist of the Chechen Republic, fluent in the Chechen and Russian languages.

Last year, in Grozny, 6 million roubles were allocated for the New Year concert with the participation of stars and dinner for 600 guests with Ramzan Kadyrov.

It is noteworthy that on November 20, Kadyrov stated that these New Year holidays in Chechnya will be held at a smaller scale due to coronavirus.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that in November the Chechen government placed an application for the purchase of 15 medals named after the first president Akhmat Kadyrov and 15 orders of Kadyrov for a total amount of 10.2 million roubles. Local residents treat such spending as wasted and said that it would be wiser to direct the funds into the social sphere.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on December 1, 2020 at 21:25 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

All news

January 28, 2021 14:46

  • Story of Derbent girl indicates legal gap in early marriage situation

    Early marriages in Northern Caucasus are promoted by parents' poverty; and family members usually bear no responsibility under the law in such situations, said Saida Sirazhudinova, the head of the "Caucasus. World. Development" Centre for Studying Global Issues of Modernity and Regional Problems.

January 28, 2021 14:42

January 28, 2021 11:28

January 28, 2021 11:25

January 28, 2021 11:23

  • Refugees in Nagorno-Karabakh ask to provide them with housing

    Nagorno-Karabakh authorities must first of all provide housing to those who lost their homes in the autumn hostilities of 2020, refugees believe. The local Ministry of Social Security has informed that out of 34,000 residents who had lost their homes, temporary housing has been found for about 8000.

News archive