Dagger, Chechnya, Grozny. Photo: REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov

04 November 2019, 18:09

Chechen woman apologizes in public for honour killing report

A resonance video reporting about a murder by an uncle of a teenage girl caught while behaving inappropriately is a lie, says a mother of the child. The woman confessed that she herself had disseminated the information. The incident will negatively affect the fate of the disgraced teenage girl, residents of Chechnya believe.

The video report about the murder of the teenager appeared on social networks several days ago. "The woman said that her daughter had been killed for her inappropriate behaviour," reported the "ChP Chechnya" group on Instagram on November 1.

The video which accompanies the post shows a teenage girl in a hijab. Behind the scene, a woman's voice reports in Chechen that a close relative stabbed the girl "literally two and a half hours ago." Then the video shows a woman standing between two children and voicing an apology. "I shot that stupid video in order to return my husband. I hoped that he would return home. The stupid video was about the fact that the girl had been allegedly killed. I made [the video] not to disseminate it, but to send it to my husband, the father of these children. <.. .> It's my fault and I repent," said the woman as translated from Chechen by the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

The false video report shot by the mother will negatively affect the fate of her daughter, believes Aslambek, a resident of Chechnya. "The mother disgraced the girl because of her  own stupidity. And now the girl will have to live with that all her life. Our people do not usually forget such things," the man told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on November 4, 2019 at 02:45 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Source: CK correspondent

All news

December 05, 2019 21:36

December 05, 2019 21:29

December 05, 2019 18:37

December 05, 2019 18:17

December 05, 2019 18:05

  • "Roskomnadzor" draws up two new protocols against HRC "Memorial"

    Following the FSB Department for Ingushetia, an individual filed a complaint to the "Roskomnadzor" (Russian Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media) about the fact that the materials of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" were released without a "foreign agent" mark. As a result, the number of administrative protocols drawn up against Alexander Cherkasov, the chairman of the HRC's Council, reached eight.

News archive