15 July 2019, 15:33

Chechen authorities respond to information about Chechen girl kidnapped in Moscow

The Chechen authorities have no data concerning the information that a girl living in Moscow was forcibly taken away to Chechnya by her relatives, reported the press secretary of Ramzan Kadyrov.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on July 13, Dariya Serenko, an activist of the "Kitezh" crisis centre, reported that relatives of a girl who lived in Moscow learned of her dating a Russian young man and took her to Chechnya against her will to forcibly marry a compatriot.

There are no men in Chechnya who will agree to marry a girl against her will, said Alvi Karimov, the press secretary of the leader of Chechnya, while commenting on the information reported by the activist of the "Kitezh" crisis centre. "What is happening is nothing more than another shameless information campaign launched with the aim of denigrating the republic and its reality," Alvi Karimov said.

So far, there is no information concerning the girl's appeal to the police, emphasizes the press secretary of Ramzan Kadyrov. "We do not know of whom we are talking about. At the airport, the police did not notice any passengers who could be depressed and had signs of moral and psychological influence," reported Alvi Karimov as quoted today by the RBC.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on July 15, 2019 at 10:21 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

All news

September 19, 2020 17:43

  • Advocate states non-admission to Azerbaijani activist Gakhramanly

    A court in Baku has dismissed the defence's petition to transfer Fuad Gakhramanly, a member of the Presidium of the Popular Front Party of Azerbaijan (PFPA), to house arrest. Fakhraddin Mekhtiev, the advocate on agreement, has stated that he was not allowed to visit Gakhramanly and sent a complaint to the Public Prosecutor General.

September 19, 2020 17:10

September 19, 2020 16:43

  • Stepanakert protesters threaten authorities with new protests

    On September 18, in Stepanakert, about 15 members of the "Moyo Pravo" (My Law) movement held a protest action, demanding from the authorities of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) to provide reliable information on the budget, distribution of national property and tax amount of major corporations.

September 19, 2020 12:54

September 19, 2020 12:41

News archive