Rubber 'torpedos' used to shoot at protesters in Tbilisi. Photo by Inna Kukudzhanova for the Caucasian Knot

22 June 2019, 16:17

Fifty-four victims remain in hospitals after dispersal of Tbilisi action

Two out of 54 victims of the dispersal of the action in Tbilisi at night on June 21 are in resuscitation wards, one is in the intensive care unit, doctors have informed today.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that law enforcers dispersed the protest action launched on June 20 near the building of the Georgian Parliament. The Ministry of Public Health (MPH) reported that 240 people were hospitalized.

According to the Centre for Emergency Care and Coordination, 54 victims of the dispersal of the action at night on June 21 remain hospitalized in Tbilisi; two of them are in the resuscitation ward.

In one of the clinics, two victims are under doctors' close care: one is being treated in the intensive care unit; the other is in the resuscitation ward. The condition of other patients is stable, Lela Tsariya, a clinic doctor, said on air of the Georgian "Imedi" TV Company.

In another clinic, a man, aged about 50, injured during the crackdown, is in the resuscitation ward in grave condition; his identity has not yet been established, said Levan Beseliya, the head of the intensive care unit of the clinic.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on June 22, 2019 at 12:03 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Inna Kukudzhanova; Source: CK correspondent

All news

December 12, 2019 17:34

  • Chechen officials neglect US sanctions

    Ruslan Alkhanov, Chechen Minister of Internal Affairs, invited the United States to include all Chechen policemen in the US sanctions list. The Chechen Minister's proposal demonstrates his allegiance to Ramzan Kadyrov, who is also under the US sanctions, local residents suggest. Instagram users ironically commented on the sanctions imposed by the US Department of State.

December 12, 2019 17:26

December 12, 2019 17:09

December 12, 2019 11:33

December 12, 2019 11:29

  • Rights defenders analyze background of the First Chechen War

    The first military campaign in Chechnya had been brewing since 1990, and was carried out without any account of expert estimates; launching a war machine in its worst form cost tens of thousands of human lives, analysts have concluded on the 25th anniversary of the advent of federal troops into Chechnya.

News archive