Detention of Georgy Guev, a native of North Ossetia. Screenshot of the video by the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYQEb5nf0Iw&feature=youtu.be

17 May 2019, 01:27

Wife of detained North-Ossetia native doubts the version of his links with IS

Georgy Guev, a native of North Ossetia, detained in Moscow on suspicion of financing terrorism, had transferred money to strangers in response to an appeal to help the poor in the month of Ramadan. This version was told by his wife.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that today the Russian FSB has reported the arrest of Georgy Guev, who had allegedly transferred, within four years, 50 million roubles to militants of the "Islamic State" (IS), a terrorist organization banned in Russia by the court, as well as to the founder of the Islamic Fund "Mukhadjirun", who had been announced wanted within a case of terrorism.

Investigators have reported that during a search of Guev's apartment, extremist literature and mobile phones with instructions from IS coordinators were found.

According to Ms Gueva, her 27-year-old husband was detained on May 15, when he was on his way home.

Law enforcers failed to specify what Guev was suspected of, but they were interested in where he had transferred the money, the wife said. According to her story, at the beginning of the fasting month of Ramadan (which began this year on May 6, – note of the "Caucasian Knot"), her husband transferred money to the card number listed in one of the Muslim groups in social networks, where they had announced fundraising for the needs of the poor.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on May 16, 2019 at 05:12 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Magomed Tuaev; Source: CK correspondent

All news

June 15, 2019 20:15

June 15, 2019 20:10

  • NKR accuses Azerbaijan of 140 attacks within the week

    During the week of June 9-15, Azerbaijani soldiers shelled the positions of the Defence Army of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) from small arms and grenade launchers, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the NKR has informed.

June 15, 2019 20:02

June 15, 2019 11:27

June 15, 2019 11:25

News archive