War in Syria. Photo: REUTERS/Aboud Hamam

09 March 2019, 01:24

New version of child search in Syria bewilders residents of Chechnya

Senator Ziyad Sabsabi, who has returned the son of a resident of Dagestan from the Middle East, explained that the child had been stolen from the refugee camp by "our militaries." His words contradict the authorities' version that the boy was kidnapped by unknown persons, residents of Chechnya have noted, expressing doubts that a child was found in Syria in a few days.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that the 11-year-old son of a resident of Makhachkala, who was taken away to Syria five years ago by his father, was brought to Grozny on March 7.

The Chechen authorities reported that in late February, the boy was kidnapped from a refugee camp located on the Syrian-Iraqi border. The child's mother turned to Ramzan Kadyrov for help.

Residents of Chechnya have treated the new version of the boy's release as unexpected.

"It turns out that the child was stolen from the camp not by militants or some unknown persons, but by our militaries. A rather unexpected statement," said Milana, an NGO worker.

Local residents saw signs of promotion and advertisement in the government-organized meeting of Sabsabi and the boy at the airport.

In her turn, a woman from Chechnya, whose daughter with her three sons is in the Middle East, has stated that she saw nothing wrong in the gratitude to Kadyrov. "I am even ready to stand on my knees in front of anyone, if only he could save my grandchildren," said the woman.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on March 8, 2019 at 03:39 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Source: CK correspondent

All news

March 18, 2019 23:30

March 18, 2019 23:28

March 18, 2019 23:26

March 18, 2019 23:24

March 18, 2019 23:17

News archive