14 October 2005, 17:25

Killed rebel figures for Nalchik

Ninety-one rebels were destroyed in the course of the operation in Nalchik, according to the most recent information available to the leadership of Kabardino-Balkaria's law enforcement and security agencies. "We keep on specifying the number of destroyed gunmen. This is currently 91 dead bandits and 36 detained ones suspected of being involved in the attack. Nine have already been charged," Kabardino-Balkar Internal Affairs Minister Khachim Shogenov said earlier today.

All resistance centres have been suppressed currently, according to him.

Two servicemen of the Russian Internal Affairs Ministry's interior troops were killed and eight were wounded while combating rebels in Nalchik, Colonel-General Nikolai Rogozhkin, Interior Troops Commander-in-Chief, said earlier today. A total of 24 officers of law enforcement agencies were killed in combats, according to earlier reports, including 18 police officers, three officers of the republican department of the Federal Security Service, and one officer of the republican department of the Federal Punishment Execution Service.

A formation of 500-600 people attacked the buildings of law enforcement and security agencies in Kabardino-Balkaria at 9.00 am on 13 October, according to Caucasian Knot's correspondent. Combats were under way in all districts of the city.

All news

September 23, 2021 23:04

September 23, 2021 22:58

September 23, 2021 12:23

  • US Congress demands from Baku to release Armenian prisoners

    The US Congress has passed an amendment demanding an immediate release of all Armenian prisoners of war (POWs) and civilians kept by Azerbaijan, as well as conducting an inquiry into the use of American technologies in Turkish drones that were used during the 2020 escalation of the Karabakh conflict.

September 23, 2021 12:18

  • Magdi Kamalov confirms innocence of those accused of murdering his brother-journalist

    Magdi, a brother of Khadjimurad Kamalov, the founder of the Dagestani "Chernovik" (Draft) weekly, who was killed in March 2018, had earlier declared the innocence of the defendants, and now has confirmed his position at the court session. He has stated that there was no conflict of his brother with Shamil Isaev, a former republic's Vice-Premier, who was treated as the customer of the murder.

September 23, 2021 12:08

News archive