Law enforcer during CTO. Photo: http://nac.gov.ru/kontrterroristicheskie-operacii/v-prigorode-mahachkaly-prohodit-aktivnaya-faza.html

26 September 2016, 01:42

On September 19-25, 2016, three persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus

During the week of September 19-25, 2016, three persons were killed in the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. No wounded were reported. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.

All the killed men were suspected members of the armed underground in Dagestan.

Attacks on law enforcers

At night of September 24, in the Tabasaran District of Dagestan, law enforcers were shelled when they attempted to stop a Lada Kalina car for a check. As a result, an armed clash occurred, and three attackers were killed by return fire. The victims were not identified, since their car caught fire during shelling.

Special and counterterrorist operations

At 6:00 a.m. Moscow time of September 23, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) legal regime was introduced within the territory of the Magaramkent District of Dagestan, and the activities were organized to search for militants and their accomplices.

Kidnappings

On September 12, Anzor Saraliev, born in 1976, was kidnapped. Since 1996, Anzor Saraliev lives in Germany, and he has a permit residence to live there. For several years, Anzor once or twice a year travelled to Chechnya to visit his mother. On September 1, he once again came to Chechnya. On September 12, on the first day of the celebration of Eid al-Adha, Sanet Abdurzukova together with her son went to visit her sister. At the end of their visit, Anzor went out into the yard of his aunt's house, and his mother followed him several minutes later. While going down the stairs, Sanet heard her son screaming in Chechen that he was taken away. In the yard, she saw three men in civilian clothes armed with pistols. They tried to force Anzor in a silver passenger Lada Priora car. Sanet Abdurzukova ran up to them and asked what they wanted from her son. One of the armed men said that they were staff members of "drug control service" and that they would release Anzor Saraliev after questioning. When the woman tried to stop them, one of the men roughly forced her to stay away from the car. The armed men drove Anzor away to some unknown destination, and since then, no information on his whereabouts is available. Immediately after the incident, Sanet Abdurzukova appealed to the Office of Drug Control; however, there, she was told that no activities were held on that day, since it was a day off. The relevant information was reported on September 21.

All news
ДАННОЕ СООБЩЕНИЕ (МАТЕРИАЛ) СОЗДАНО И (ИЛИ) РАСПРОСТРАНЕНО ИНОСТРАННЫМ СРЕДСТВОМ МАССОВОЙ ИНФОРМАЦИИ, ВЫПОЛНЯЮЩИМ ФУНКЦИИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА, И (ИЛИ) РОССИЙСКИМ ЮРИДИЧЕСКИМ ЛИЦОМ, ВЫПОЛНЯЮЩИМ ФУНКЦИИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА.

November 27, 2021 18:48

  • Georgian analysts treat Garibashvili's call for dialogue with Russia as blackmail of the West

    By means of the statement by Irakli Garibashvili, the Prime Minister of Georgia, about the need for progress in relations with Russia, Georgian authorities are trying to make it clear to the West that they are independent in shaping their politics. But in reality, Georgia has no discussion topics with Russia, except for the issue of returning the territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the Georgian analysts interviewed by the "Caucasian Knot" believe.

November 27, 2021 18:24

  • Military's remains found in Nagorno-Karabakh

    In the vicinity of Varanda, Karabakh rescuers have found remains of a military serviceman, bringing the total number of bodies and remains of Armenian militaries and civilians found in the Karabakh conflict zone to 1702.

November 27, 2021 17:27

November 27, 2021 16:32

  • Court refuses to reconsider riot case in Ganja

    The Baku Court of Appeal (BCA) has dismissed the defence's motion that asked to consider the complaint against the verdict to Yunis Safarov and 11 other figurants in the case of the events in Ganja with a repeated full or partial judicial investigation.

November 27, 2021 12:27

  • Court of Appeal confirms Kocharyan's innocence

    The Court of Appeal has rejected the complaint lodged by the Prosecutor's Office, which demanded to cancel the decision to stop the criminal prosecution of Robert Kocharyan, the second President of Armenia, under the case of dispersing a rally in Yerevan on March 1-2, 2008.

News archive