23 February 2012, 23:00
Proposals and questions of the Regional Public Movement of the Republic of Ingushetia (RPMoRI) "Mekh-Khel" to Evkurov, Yu. B., leader of the Republic of Ingushetia, with the aim to achieve social consensus
- In the context of apparent illegitimacy of the deputies of all levels, elected in December 2011 to dissolve them and appoint new elections to these bodies of the representative and legislative power of the Republic of Ingushetia in autumn 2012 under a mixed system (including the right of candidates to self-nominate), which is admitted by the current federal and republic's legislation and meets the norms of the Constitutions of the Russian Federation (RF) and the Republic of Ingushetia (RI). To cancel the earlier amendments to the republic's legislation, which are contrary to these norms. To return to the people of the RI their constitutional right to democratic choice, the right to elect and be elected to all bodies of power. When carrying out the re-election campaign, according to the above requirements, to ensure a strict and rigorous adherence by all the parties participating in this process (mainly from the party of power bodies and election commissions) to the current legislation, rights and interests of all participants, equal opportunities and conditions, and full transparency of the whole election campaign.
- To hold the nationwide direct and secret election of the heads of administrations of cities, districts and rural settlements of the Republic of Ingushetia, which directly corresponds to the truly democratic norms of social order and excludes any possibility of secret manipulations and other illegal actions (as is happening now) at electing (appointing) and formation of these bodies and their heads.
- At the election of the President of the Russian Federation on March 4, 2012, to ensure strict observance of the current election legislation for the benefit of all citizens and all, without exception, presidential candidates of the Russian Federation, in order to avoid possible scams, frauds and other illegal actions by anyone. To promote participation of activists of the RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel" as observers at all polling stations of the Republic of Ingushetia.
- As the Head (earlier President) of the Republic of Ingushetia, who is representing the people of this country and their interests, you should officially and publicly disavow your earlier statement that the "Prigorodny District is an integral and inseparable part of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania," as this incautious statement of yours is fundamentally contrary to the aspirations and interests of the Ingush people, contrary to the fair logic and the Law of the Russian Federation on Rehabilitation of Repressed Peoples and On Formation of the Republic of Ingushetia within the Russian Federation, contrary to the existing legal framework on rehabilitation of the Ingush people, adopted at the level of the country's federal power and still in full legal force.
- To give a clear explanation of how and what the President of the Republic of Ingushetia Evkurov, Yu. B., intends to do in order to settle the existing territorial and other problems with the neighbouring republics - North Ossetia and Chechnya - for the full restoration of all the violated rights and interests of the Ingush people and building of truly good-neighbourly relations with these republics.
- The earlier promises of the Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., about a step-by-step settlement of the problems with the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, and about the return of all the Ingushes - victims of the ethnic cleansing since 1992 - to their home places in the Prigorodny District and the city of Vladikavkaz, remain unfulfilled; moreover, during more than three years we see no positive changes in this direction. How does the Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., see the situation now and in the future? What specific steps, if any, is he planning to take?
- The public of the RI was concerned about the news that the Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., allegedly was going - through the newly-elected People's Assembly of the RI - to amend the current Constitution of the RI in order to withdraw or essentially amend Articles 11 and 15, as a result of which they would lose their current sense. The public of the RI, represented by the RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel" would like to know the real position of the Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., on this issue.
- The RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel" intends to initiate a nationwide referendum to clear out the position of the Ingush people, according to Article 6 of the Federal Law "On Rehabilitation of Repressed Peoples", with the following questions: 1) Do you agree with the change of the administrative borders between Ingushetia and the Kabardino-Balkar Republic and the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania against the ones, which existed by the time of forced deportation of the Ingush people in February 1944? and 2) Do you find it necessary to restore the administrative borders between Ingushetia and the Kabardino-Balkar Republic and the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania as they existed prior to anti-constitutional change of them in 1944? Will the authorities of the Republic of Ingushetia, based on the existing constitutional rights of citizens and the current legislation of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Ingushetia, assist in holding such a referendum in the Republic of Ingushetia and in other places, where residents of Ingushetia live, or will they oppose to this action and hamper the referendum?
- The people and the public of the Republic of Ingushetia were deeply disturbed about the news that, under the pressure from the authorities of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, it is planned to set up two additional fixed posts on the so-called perimeter of the administrative border of the North Ossetia-Alania with the RI: at the entrance to the city of Nazran (Tsentr-KAMAZ) and in the Kantyshevsky intersection. The public and the people of Ingushetia are categorically against it and express their just dissatisfaction and concerns. Ingushes are sick and tired of the arbitrariness, abuses and lawlessness, practised for many years by the so-called Chermen post; we do not understand the functions and the need for the so-called post "Khurikau" on the motor road "Malgobek-N.Kurp". With no reasonable grounds, these are surrounding Ingushetia like some occupied zone. The adding two more stationary Ossetian posts, which are not necessary and add nothing positive, in the depth of residence and movement of the Ingush population, especially in the complete absence in the vicinity of any Ossetian population, cannot be perceived other than a provocation fraught with tragic consequences for the Ingush people. This policy of militarization of the region in favour of criminal sentiments of our neighbours, when Ossetians are firmly stuck to the role of actual occupants of Ingush land with the rights and functions of regional gendarmes, can cause nothing but reasonable fears. Our society is indignant about the conciliatory position of the leadership of the Republic of Ingushetia in all these issues taken instead of protecting the rights and interests of their own people and defending them. The public of the Republic of Ingushetia, including the RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel", want to know the position of the Head of RI Evkurov, Yu. B., on this important issue.
- The people and the public of the Republic of Ingushetia are totally dissatisfied with the current practice of selecting and appointing cadres to top positions as ministers and other heads of agencies and organizations, members of the Government, advisers-assistants to the Head of the RI, heads of administrations of settlements, districts, etc. This is deeply disturbing the society. The appointed and currently working responsible officials at all levels for the most part are known as semi-literate (or illiterate at all), incompetent people; many of them have dubious public reputation at all. What is the principle used for selecting, recommending and appointing these people to power structures and on decision-making positions? Has the Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., any intention to radically change this situation, disastrous for the people, republic and government itself, in the near future?
- The Head of the RI Evkurov, Yu. B., has repeatedly stated that all special operations in Ingushetia are carried out only with his consent, as the head of the republic and of the anti-terrorist centre at the same time. However, during these operations the practice of extrajudicial executions and disappearances continues. Consequently, the responsibility for this situation rests directly on Evkurov, Yu. B., Meanwhile, Evkurov, Yu. B., as the Head of the Republic, is the guarantor of observance of human and citizens' rights and freedoms in the territory of Ingushetia. Will the Head of Ingushetia Evkurov, Yu. B., execute his direct duties of the guarantor of these rights and freedoms in the territory of Ingushetia, in full scope and in accordance with the current legislation? Is he going to stop all this wickedness? If yes, when?
The prospect of future constructive cooperation of the RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel" and its supporters with the current power in the Republic of Ingushetia in the person of its leader Evkurov, Yu. B., will depend on his clear reaction and answers to the above proposals and questions.
The Supreme Council of the RPMoRI "Mekh-Khel":
- Abadiev, Idris Uruskhanovich
- Albogachiev, Musa Magomedovich
- Akhilgov, Issa Magometovich
- Bogatyryov, Batyr Aboevich
- Dudarov, Khamzat Ibragimovic
- Kostoev, Kureish Umarovich
- Sultygov, Sarazhdin Savarbekovich
- Pliev, Abu-Sultan Mutushevich
- Khazbiev, Magomed Khamzatovich
- Khashagulgov, Sultan-Girei Lakhanovich
- Uzhakhov, Ismail Abdulmazhitovich
February 23, 2012