Statement on monetary donation on the webpage of the information centre of Artsakh. Screenshot: https://www.facebook.com/ArtsakhInformation/photos/a.105197087787747/187358669571588/?type=3

01 October 2020, 14:32

Armenian Diasporas raise USD 10.5 million for Nagorno-Karabakh

Armenians living in many countries have sent USD 10.5 million to financially support Nagorno-Karabakh, and 130 trucks with foodstuffs have arrived from Armenia, sources from the Karabakh authorities have reported, adding that Armenian Diasporas from different countries of the world are financially supporting Nagorno-Karabakh.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that combat actions have been going on in the Karabakh conflict zone since September 27. The martial law is in force in Armenia, Nagorno-Karabakh and Azerbaijan.

For more news on the Karabakh conflict escalation, see: 'Karabakh: a Good War Or a Bad Peace' section.

"Armenians all over the world continue helping Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), including through monetary donations. As of September 30, more than 250 million drams (about USD 510,000) and USD 10 million had been raised," a source from the information centre in Stepanakert told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

Starting from September 28, trucks with foodstuffs and essential goods for residents and the military personnel have been arriving in the region. On September 28-30, 130 trucks arrived, part of the brought aid will be transferred to the members of the communities affected by shelling and the residents evacuated from pre-border villages, a source from the Nagorno-Karabakh Agriculture Support Fund told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on October 1, 2020 at 08:46 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent

All news

October 20, 2020 23:59

October 20, 2020 23:57

  • HRC "Memorial": two persons kidnapped in Rostov-on-Don by Chechen law enforcers

    Chechen law enforcers detained two residents of the republic in Rostov-on-Don, took them to Achkhoi-Martan, and tortured them without informing their relatives about the detainees' whereabouts, the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" reported. Criminal cases are being fabricated against three other kidnapped men, residents of the Chechen-aul, the HRC "Memorial" states.

October 20, 2020 23:50

October 20, 2020 22:55

October 20, 2020 22:49

News archive