Mecca. Photo: Konevi / pixabay.com

20 August 2019, 18:59

Chechen pilgrims report on their stay in Mecca

The first pilgrims from Chechnya who visited Saudi Arabia this year returned to their homeland. They have no claims to organizers of the Hajj.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that in 2019, like last year, the quota for the Hajj for pilgrims from Chechnya was 2600 people.

On August 18 and 19, the first groups of pilgrims who had performed the Hajj returned to Chechnya, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent learned from the spokesman of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims (SAM) of Chechnya on August 19.

This year, good conditions were created for Chechen pilgrims, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told by Sultan, a resident of Chechnya, who returned from Saudi Arabia. "The hotel where we stayed was located 15-20 minutes from the holy places. There was a group leader in each bus during trips, and a medical office worked at the hotel, which we could contact if necessary. The conditions were most favourable," the pilgrim said.

"Everything went well. There were no problems with accommodation or nutrition. We prepared meals for ourselves, in turns. Representatives of the Muftiate who accompanied us and who had been to the Hajj earlier helped us to perform the Hajj rituals in a proper way," the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told by Osam, another pilgrim.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on August 20, 2019 at 11:52 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Source: CK correspondent

All news

September 17, 2019 21:35

September 17, 2019 21:29

September 17, 2019 21:25

  • Arrested Ingush activist complains of poor health

    Ruslan Dzeitov, accused of attacking law enforcers at a protest action in Magas, reported a deterioration of his health state at the SIZO (pre-trial prison), his advocate reported. The term of the activist's arrest was extended until December 25.

September 17, 2019 20:51

  • Journalists announce revival of "Baku Press Club"

    The "Baku Press Club" resumes its activities after a 16-year break. The project will give an impetus to the development of free media in Azerbaijan, and there will be no censorship on the website of the "Baku Press Club", founders assure.

September 17, 2019 16:52

  • Georgian protester released on bail

    The defence had convinced the court to release Soso Badjelidze, who was charged with resisting the police and participating in the riots at the June 20 protect action in Tbilisi, from custody on bail.

News archive