Screenshot of the post about disappearance of Chechen woman in New Moscow. https://t.me/breakingmash/12991

20 July 2019, 12:50

Relatives report disappearance of Chechen girl after refusal to matchmakers

The Chechen natives, who refused to give their consent to the marriage of their daughter, have appealed to the Moscow police stating that the daughter has disappeared. The matchmakers are not involved in the abduction, because traditions prevent them from hiding the whereabouts of the bride, the press secretary of Ramzan Kadyrov believes.

The police are looking for the young woman and her two young daughters. A few days before she disappeared, three men came to the house where she lives with her parents and children, with a proposal to marry one of them and were refused, the Telegram channel has reported today.

The police do not exclude that the girl ran away of her own will, the message of the Telegram channel reports.

The father of the missing resident of New Moscow has turned to the police, the source of the "Komsomolskaya Pravda" in Northern Caucasus has confirmed. Despite the parents' refusal, the groom and his friends "continued calling and demanding to give out the beloved to them," said the source.

Alvi Karimov, the press secretary for the head of Chechnya, believes that the matchmakers are not aware of the whereabouts of the young woman missing from New Moscow. "If they had been involved in the abduction, they would have told the parents about the woman's whereabouts. Otherwise, it could have serious consequences for the family, in which she finds herself," another Telegram channel named "Mash" quotes Karimov as saying.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on July 19, 2019 at 11:06 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

All news

August 22, 2019 08:12

August 22, 2019 08:00

  • "Rustavi-2" stops news releases

    After the dismissal of the leader and two presenters, the news programme "Courier" has stopped broadcasting on the Georgian "Rustavi-2" TV Company. It became clear to the authors that the channel fell under the control of the ruling party, said Mikheil Sesiashvili, one of those who have quitted.

August 21, 2019 21:47

  • Electoral office of presidential candidate Arshba shelled

    Policemen have begun searching for the man who has shelled the electoral office of Oleg Arshba located in the Abkhaz village of Mgudzyrkhua today. The office staff has treated the incident as an attempt to intimidate the presidential candidate and his team.

August 21, 2019 21:38

August 21, 2019 19:41

News archive