Confiscation of the moloko+ almanacs in Krasnodar. Photo: Alina Desyatnichenko / Yuga.ru

17 July 2018, 08:33

Circulation of moloko+ confiscated in Krasnodar after attack on journalists

Law enforcers have seized all the copies of the moloko+ almanac during its presentation in Krasnodar.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on July 15, Pavel Nikulin and Sofiko Arifdjanova, the journalists of the edition named moloko+, were attacked in Krasnodar. Unidentified persons sprayed gas into their faces at a public transport stop. The journalists had planned to hold a presentation of their almanac on that day; the almanac is on the history of revolutionary movement and terrorism.

After the attack, the pre-planned presentation took place in the "Typography" Cultural Centre, but law enforcers interfered into the event. They came to the Centre, referring to an anonymous signal about the spread of extremist literature, Pavel Nikulin, the editor-in-chief of the moloko+, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

"They confiscated all the copies of the three almanacs that we brought; they had no papers for the seizure; and they failed to make a seizure protocol. We'll appeal against their actions," said Nikulin.

"We publish serious texts and write about public problems, which, perhaps, the authorities do not like," he said.

Pavel Nikulin has also noted that in January 2018, law enforcers searched his apartment and seized all the equipment, but later returned it after they found nothing extremist. "But all the same, I got into some law enforcement database, and now they are persecuting me," the journalist has concluded.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on July 16, 2018 at 10:08 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Anna Gritsevich; Source: CK correspondent

All news

August 19, 2019 15:05

  • Georgian authorities promise help to victims of border demarcation

    Members of the two families from the village of Gugutiantkari, whose households appeared to be on the side of South Ossetia after the border fence had been installed, will be allocated land plots at the expense of the Georgian budget, announces Ketevan Tsikhelashvili, Georgian State Minister for Reconciliation and Civil Equality.

August 19, 2019 14:52

  • Chechen residents claim being obliged to clean tourist area

    In the village of Khoi in the Vedeno District, employees of ministries and public institutions took part in a subbotnik (voluntary work on Saturday) to clean abandoned territories around ancient towers and buildings, and they had no chance to refuse to take part in the subbotnik, residents of Chechnya reported.

August 19, 2019 14:42

August 19, 2019 11:13

August 19, 2019 10:58

News archive