Residents of Kotelnikovo were shocked by the attack. Photo by Vyacheslav Yaschenko for the "Caucasian Knot"

29 November 2017, 01:22

Head of Kotelnikovo District reveals circumstances of attack on policemen (+video)

The attack on policemen committed in the city of Kotelnikovo, Volgograd Region, has shocked the townspeople, local residents report. According to the district administration, the attacker had studied in the Kotelnikovo District, and worked in Chechnya and in the Krasnodar Territory. The health condition of one of the wounded policemen is stably grave.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on November 26, a 21-year-old resident of Kotelnikovo wounded two policemen with a knife and received a gunshot wound, when he tried to escape.

Residents of Kotelnikovo condemn the attack on policemen, said Sergey Ponkratov, the head of the district administration.

"Attacker's neighbours describe his as a normal guy; he went in for acrobatics. No claims had been ever put forward against him," he has noted.

After the incident, traces of blood could bee seen in the centre of Kotelnikovo.

Sergey, a local resident, has noted that townspeople are actively discussing the attack. According to his story, many natives from the Caucasus live in Kotelnikovo.

Andrei Serenko, a political analyst, believes that the scenario of the attack is similar to the one committed on a policeman on the same day in the Dagestani city of Kizilyurt. There, a man wounded a policeman with a knife, was wounded himself and detained.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Author: Vyacheslav Yaschenko; Source: CK correspondent

All news

May 26, 2018 22:21

May 26, 2018 20:29

  • Law enforcers accuse Azerbaijani opposition of money laundering

    Three detained activists of the Popular Front Party of Azerbaijan (PFPA) and a Russian citizen who was arrested earlier were actors of a money laundering scheme, says the today's release of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) and the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA).

May 26, 2018 14:42

  • NKR accuses Azerbaijan of 150 bombardments within a week

    During May 20-26, Azerbaijani militaries repeatedly violated the cease-fire regime by making more than 1500 shots at the positions of the Defence Army of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR), the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the NKR has stated.

May 26, 2018 14:00

  • In Azerbaijan, three opposition activists detained on the eve of rally

    Three days before a rally to be dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Azerbaijan, law enforcers detained Agil Magerramov, a member of the presidium for the Popular Front Party of Azerbaijan (PFPA), Ruslan Nasirli, the chairman for the Mejlis of the PFPA's youth committee, and Babek Gasanov, the head of the district PFPA's unit. This is reported by the Popular Front Party of Azerbaijan.

May 26, 2018 12:50

News archive