Special forces agent. Photo: http://nac.gov.ru/kontrterroristicheskie-operacii/segodnya-nochyu-v-hode-kto-v-dagestane.html

17 July 2017, 02:20

On July 10-16, 2017, one person killed in armed conflict in Northern Caucasus

During the week of July 10-16, 2017, one person was killed in the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. No wounded were reported. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources.

The deceased person was a civilian in Dagestan.

Attacks on civilians

On July 10, Sharip Zaipullaev, a resident of the Vladimir Region, who was treated as disappeared, was found dead. His remains were found in an blown-up car in Dagestan. According to one of his relatives, the Sharip Zaipullaev's parents were contacted by people who introduced themselves as agents of the law enforcement agencies. They reported on discovery in the Sergokala District in Dagestan of a car allegedly belonging to Sharip Zaipullaev. On the same day, relatives of the disappeared man arrived to the investigating division for Kaspiysk of the Investigating Department for Dagestan of the Investigating Committee of the Russian Federation (ICRF). There, they were shown a half-burned passport of Sharip Zaipullaev and plastic bags with the human remains found in the blown-up car. The car, which law enforcers believe belonging to Sharip Zaipullaev was not shown to members of his family.

Detentions

In the evening on July 12, in Makhachkala, about 15 Muslims were detained after a night prayer at the "Tangyim" mosque under the pretext of checking documents. One of the believers said that some detainees had been sent home after questioning. One of the detainees said that after being detained at the mosque he was taken to a police station where he was questioned. All the other believers brought to the police station were also questioned.

In the evening on July 13, during a regular raid, law enforcers detained believers of the "Tangyim" Salafi mosque in Makhachkala, including Dagestan journalist Idris Yusupov. According to the journalist, at the ROVD (District Interior Division), policemen drew up a report on his delivery to their place, and after that one of the policemen attempted to make a photo of Idris Yusupov for a police prevention registration list. The journalist did not agree with that, since he treated as illegal both his delivery to the ROVD and his inclusion in the police prevention registration list and related procedures. After he had threatened to file a complaint to an on duty police unit with a request to verify the actions of the policemen, he was released.

All news

November 20, 2017 15:21

  • A worker killed by explosion at Baku factory

    In Baku, a worker was killed in an explosion at the factory in the Lokbatan village of the Garadag District. Till present, he has not yet been identified, reported a source from the law enforcement agencies. According to the preliminary data, another person was injured.

November 20, 2017 13:22

November 20, 2017 10:10

November 20, 2017 09:36

  • Law enforcers report details of attack in Chechnya

    The men killed in the attack on policemen in the Urus-Martan District were residents of Ingushetia and the Altai Territory. They tried to seize the law enforcers' weapons, reported the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) for Chechnya.

November 20, 2017 07:59

News archive