04 March 2017, 20:59

"Open Russia" states provocations after screening "Nemtsov" film in Rostov-on-Don

After the screening of the film "Nemtsov" in Rostov-on-Don, a young woman threw a cake at Maria Baronova, one of coordinators of the "Open Russia" movement, hitting her son, said Anastasia Shevchenko, the regional coordinator of the movement.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that today activists of the "National Liberation Movement" (known as NOD) have held a series of solo pickets in front of the hotel in Rostov-on-Don, where the film "Nemtsov" was screened free of charge. There were also five men in Cossack uniform standing opposite the hotel.

After the screening, a young woman dressed in black threw a cake at Maria Baronova, hitting her son, and began running away, Anastasia Shevchenko told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

"Some men in ‘Kubankas’ (headgear of Kuban Cossacks, – note of the "Caucasian Knot"), who earlier stood opposite the hotel, began running away with the woman; they pushed one of the activists of the movement, she fell down to the ground. These men had been waiting at the hotel since 4 p.m.," said Shevchenko.

She added, "Maria Baronova and her son are OK; they have no plans to address the police."

Boris Nemtsov was killed on February 27, 2015, in Moscow. He was one of most prominent opposition politicians in Russia.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Author: Konstantin Volgin; Source: CK correspondent

All news

January 16, 2021 11:27

  • Rights defenders urge ECtHR to protect Dagestani woman from domestic violence

    An urgent request has been sent to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) with a request to oblige Russian authorities to ensure security of the safety of Gulli Kazanbieva, a resident of Dagestan, after her ex-husband convicted of beating her up will be back at large, the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" has informed.

January 16, 2021 11:25

January 15, 2021 23:02

  • 34,000 people left homeless in Nagorno-Karabakh

    The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh has been followed by a humanitarian crisis, and a programme for the resettlement of refugees has been launched in the region, announces Mane Tandilyan, Minister for Employment, Social and Migration Issues of Nagorno-Karabakh. 8000-10,000 premises are needed to accommodate people who lost their homes as a result of the war.

January 15, 2021 22:54

January 15, 2021 21:57

News archive