The journalist Svetlana Anokhina said at the rally against the construction of the museum in the Lenin Komsomol Park that she was ready to return the medal she had been awarded by the authorities for her project "Once there was a city". February 3, 2017. Photo by Patimat Makhmudova for the "Caucasian Knot"

07 February 2017, 19:01

Residents of Makhachkala succeed in seeking cancelation of decision to build museum in park

The museum "Russia is my history" will not be constructed in the Lenin Komsomol Park, and it will be built at the site on Imam Shamil Avenue selected for the construction. This was reported by the leader of Dagestan. He has explained that the decision was made "after a broad public debate."

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that a part of the Lenin Komsomol Park in Makhachkala was leased for the construction of the museum "Russian is my history". An initiative group of citizens stood against the construction of the museum. On February 2, the activists filed a lawsuit against the administration of Makhachkala and the leaders of the non-commercial foundation "Russia is my history. Makhachkala". The court has left the claim without consideration; however, opponents of the park construction filed a second lawsuit against the Mayor's Office.

On his page in Instagram, the leader of Dagestan wrote that the park will be built "in the centre of the city, near universities and schools located nearby."

Meanwhile, according to Ramazan Abdulatipov, "some citizens have decided to make a good PR action for themselves due to this project, and they stirred up the atmosphere and misinformed the people." "They said that the museum would be built in the territory of the Lenin Komsomol Park, many trees would be cut down, while the park was only one of the seven draft locations of the museum," said Ramazan Abdulatipov.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

All news

August 20, 2019 19:12

August 20, 2019 18:59

August 20, 2019 18:45

August 20, 2019 14:42

August 20, 2019 14:31

  • Abdulmumin Gadjiev's wife complains about restrictions on visits to her husband

    The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) of Dagestan dismissed 24 notifications of actions in support of Abdulmumin Gadjiev, an arrested correspondent of the newspaper "Chernovik" (Draft), reported Arsen Magomedov, one of the initiators of the actions. Dana Sakieva, a wife of Abdulmumin Gadjiev, complains that her visits to her husband are time-limited.

News archive