An ambulance car. Photo http://kbr.ru/

05 February 2017, 13:34

In Maisky, number of people poisoned by carbon monoxide reaches ten

In Nalchik, members of three Roma families accommodated in a private house, including six children and four adults, were hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that today, a source from the Ministry for Emergencies (MfE) reported about hospitalization of two adults and five children after carbon monoxide poisoning in a private house in the town of Maisky.

"Some of the victims of gas poisoning feel better, and they are discharged from hospital," the newspaper "Rossiyskaya Gazeta" quotes an MfE's official as reporting.

"Ten people, eight children, including two infants, and two adults have been brought to hospital from Maisky. At present, their lives are not in danger," in turn, reported an official from the Ministry for Public Health.

The MfE's Department for Kabardino-Balkaria has urged residents of the republic to regularly check the serviceability of ventilation in their houses.

"Blocked chimneys, faulty ventilation ducts, or gas equipment installed with violations can cause carbon monoxide poisoning and deaths of people," reports the website of the MfE for the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

July 22, 2017 19:43

July 22, 2017 15:56

July 22, 2017 15:45

  • Magomed Aushev's relatives report deterioration of his health condition

    Magomed Aushev, subjected to torture after his detention by law enforcers, suffers from persistent headaches, his vision has deteriorated sharply, and his family is short of money for his medical treatment in a specialized rehabilitation centre. This was told to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent by relatives of Magomed Aushev.

July 22, 2017 15:30

July 22, 2017 10:43

News archive