27 July 2004, 20:55

Rebels attacked Ingushetia with Maskhadov's permission

The editors of the Caucasian Knot have got information spread by the Information and Analytical Center of the President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria. The document sums up the rebel attack on Ingushetia made by "the Ingush sector of the Western Front of the Ichkerian Armed Forces". This operation is called the Bekkham operation.

"Having received video materials and reports from commanders of military units under his control, Commander-in-Chief and President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria Aslan Maskhadov presented a general account of the operation in Ingushetia to the public. Aslan Maskhadov confirmed first that he personally had not taken part in the operation but it had been launched with his consent and permission," the Information and Analytical Center reported. "Armed forces of the Resistance from three sectors, namely Sunzha, Ingush and Achkhoy-Martan ones, were involved" in the operation. "The total number of fighters who participated in it came up to 950 people." The operation lasted no longer than 8 hours, as reported by the rebel command. Chechen commanders Shamil Basayev and Dokku Umarov took part in it. 6 rebels are reported to have been killed in clashes.

Besides, separatists published a report by the Military Committee of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria informing about a large amount of weapons, ammunition and explosives captured in Ingushetia, which "let the Resistance beef up the army and equip new units." "The most part of the weapons and ammunition is taken to the territory of Chechnya, stored in caches and prepared for distribution," reads the report.

Source: Caucasian Knot

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
Regions:
Topics:
All news

March 28, 2017 23:53

March 28, 2017 18:01

  • Soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh

    Today, the serviceman Artak Rafaelyan has received a mortal wound after a shot from the Azerbaijani side, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) has stated.

March 28, 2017 15:18

  • One of journalists beaten up in Krasnodar Territory hospitalized

    The operator of the Radio Liberty crew, who came to film the "tractor march" of the Kuban (Krasnodar Territory) farmers, was taken to hospital after the attack of unidentified persons, said his colleague. The local Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) has confirmed the information about the beating up of journalists.

March 28, 2017 14:37

  • Power agents fail to confirm escape of two militants after attack in Chechnya

    The information that two attackers on the military unit of the “Natsgvardia” (Russian National Guard) committed in the Naursky District has not been confirmed yet, said a republic's law enforcement source. The situation in the district has calmed down; there are no restrictions on travelling, local residents report.

March 28, 2017 12:02

News archive