20 February 2016, 22:00

Power agents report on prevention of terror acts plotted by "Yuzhnaya" grouping in Moscow

Two militants from the grouping responsible for the explosion at the GIBDD (traffic police) post in Dagestan, were sent to Moscow to prepare terror acts there, said a law enforcement source. According to his story, one of them was detained, while the other one is being searched for.

The explosion at the GIBDD post near the village of Djemikent occurred in the morning on February 15. Dagestani authorities confirmed the death of two policemen and 18 others wounded in the explosion; other sources reported four casualties, including the suicide bomber.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on February 19 the spokesman for law enforcement bodies of Dagestan said that four suspects of committing the explosion at the GIBDD post near the village Djemikent had been detained.

According to power agents, the suspects of belonging to the "Yuzhnaya" (Southern) militant grouping – Shamil Kurchiev, 27, and Mayal Akhmedov, 32 – after departure from Dagestan were hiding in Moscow.

As a result of operative actions undertaken by special services and police, Kurchiev was detained in Moscow in the evening on February 19; "he is being convoyed to Dagestan to be handed over to investigating authorities," said a law enforcement source.

According to his story, the second suspect is still at large, as power agents did not find him on the spot, the "LifeNews" reports.

However, the information about the suspects is somewhat controversial: according to a law enforcement source from Dagestan, they had left for Moscow about a year ago; while in the republic they were registered as supporters of radical Islam. The source has confirmed to the "LifeNews" the detention of Kurchiev.

No official confirmation of this is available so far.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 28, 2017 23:53

March 28, 2017 18:01

  • Soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh

    Today, the serviceman Artak Rafaelyan has received a mortal wound after a shot from the Azerbaijani side, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) has stated.

March 28, 2017 15:18

  • One of journalists beaten up in Krasnodar Territory hospitalized

    The operator of the Radio Liberty crew, who came to film the "tractor march" of the Kuban (Krasnodar Territory) farmers, was taken to hospital after the attack of unidentified persons, said his colleague. The local Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) has confirmed the information about the beating up of journalists.

March 28, 2017 14:37

  • Power agents fail to confirm escape of two militants after attack in Chechnya

    The information that two attackers on the military unit of the “Natsgvardia” (Russian National Guard) committed in the Naursky District has not been confirmed yet, said a republic's law enforcement source. The situation in the district has calmed down; there are no restrictions on travelling, local residents report.

March 28, 2017 12:02

News archive