04 September 2014, 21:22
57 families of Volgograd demand to resettle them from dilapidated house (+video)
Residents of the dilapidated house, namely, 57 families, demand from the Volgograd Mayoralty to provide them with safe housing. Officials promise to do it as soon as reserve apartments become available.
According to tenants, their house No. 20 in Zholudeva Street in Traktorozavodskoy District of Volgograd was found not safe back in July 2012. Since then, they try to achieve resettlement.
"There is the exact date of the start of our troubles – August 21, 2008. On that day, ceilings collapsed in community kitchens on all the floors. A room was filled up with fragments. From that day on we have been waging our long and fruitless struggle for our right to safe living conditions," said Victoria Tretiakova, a tenant.
Alexei Tolstopiatov, the head for housing development of the department of housing policy of the Mayoralty, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that it was impossible to move residents of the above house to reserve apartments, because none of them were available. He assured that two apartment blocks would be built in 2015 specifically for tenants of dilapidated houses.
"We have to wait for another year, during which anything may happen. Walls are cracking every day," Svetlana Kuklina, who lives in the ground floor of the house in Zholudeva Street, gave her comment on the official's promise to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.
Author: Vyacheslav Yaschenko; Source: CK correspondent