Infographics. Total number of victims of the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus according to the data of the "Caucasian Knot"

31 January 2014, 14:38

2013 totals by "Caucasian Knot" for Northern Caucasus: count of victims of armed conflict on decline

In 2013, the total number of victims of the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus decreased as compared to 2012 by 239 people, or by 19.5%. The death toll went down from 700 in 2012 to 529 in 2013, i.e., by 24.4%; the number of wounded persons – from 525 to 457 (by 13%). However losses among civilians went up.

The total number of victims among law enforcers decreased from 595 to 424, or by 28.7%. The number of killed militants, which stood at 404 persons in 2012, dropped to 298 in 2013 – by 26.2%.

The number of lost civilians, amounting to 87 people in 2012, went up in 2013 to 104 people, i.e., by 19.5%.

In 2013, the highest count of victims was recorded in Dagestan – 641 persons, including 341 people killed and 300 others wounded.

The runner-up in the number of victims (123 persons) is Kabardino-Balkaria, where 92 people were killed and at least 31 wounded in 2013.

In Chechnya, in 2013, 101 people fell victim to the armed conflict: 39 killed and 62 wounded. Let us note here that in comparison with other regions of the North-Caucasian Federal District (NCFD), there are serious problems with obtaining information about the number of victims in Chechnya.

Last year, Ingushetia had 94 victims of the armed conflict: 36 killed and 58 wounded persons; Stavropol Territory – 17 victims (13 + 4, accordingly); Karachay-Cherkessia – 7 victims (5 + 2); and North Ossetia lost three killed people.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 21, 2017 23:12

  • Officials state compulsion to attend rally in support of Tibilov

    Today, at a rally in Tskhinvali, Alla Djioeva, whose victory at the presidential election in South Ossetia in 2011 was declared invalid, has expressed her support for Leonid Tibilov. Employees of the republic’s agencies and ministries said that they were obliged to come to the rally.

March 21, 2017 18:40

March 21, 2017 17:10

March 21, 2017 16:02

  • Victims’ defence criticize judgement on Zakaev’s case

    The rights of the victims of the terror act in Dubrovka were not observed during the sentencing of Khasan Zakaev, said the advocates, adding that Zakaev would not be able to pay compensation to the victims in the total amount of 37.5 million roubles.

March 21, 2017 13:26

News archive