16 December 2011, 18:00

Hajimurad Kamalov killed in Dagestan had been on a "punishment list"

The name of Hajimurad Kamalov, constitutor of "Chernovik" ("Draft") newspaper, shot down in the evening of December, 15, in Makhachkala was included into the "punishment list" on the leaflets which were spread in Makhachkala in September, 2009.

Kamalov was killed at about 23:30 Moscow time in Magomed Gajiev street, not far from the office of "Chernovik". He was still in the office preparing the next issue of the paper. A friend visited him and then Kamalov went out to see him off. At that moment firing started and all the members of the editorial board ran out, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent reports.

The wounded journalist was taken to the republican emergency station but he died on the way there.

A masked man was shooting at Kamalov. The murder was committed near the office. This way of murder is not typical of the gunmen's practice.

Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" reported that on September, 2, 2009, distribution of leaflets began in Makhachkala in which anonymous people threatened with object-orientated "annihilation of gangsters and revenge for the lives of militiamen and peaceful citizens".

"During a whole year we were drawing up lists of members of the so-called paramilitary groups. As of today, we have over 250 persons on the list", the leaflets ran.

Eight Dagestani journalists were ranked among the "gunmen's accomplices", Hajimurad Kamalov among them.

"Mind that you are at our gunpoint and all of you will be soon called to account for what you have done", the authors of the leaflets threatened the figurants of the list.

Kamalov himself who commented on the list then said that the list was made by persons who knew the situation in Dagestan well.

Kamalov's murder fell on the Day of Memory of the journalists who perished carrying out their professional duty.

Source: CK correspondent

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 24, 2017 18:33

  • Date for return of Ingush battalion from Syria announced

    On May 10, fighters of the battalion of the military police sent from Ingushetia to Syria will return home. This has been reported today to Yunus-Bek Evkurov by Vladimir Ivanovsky, the head of the Chief Department of the Russian Military Police.

March 24, 2017 18:28

  • IS claims responsibility for attack in Chechnya

    The organization "Islamic State" (IS), banned in Russia, has claimed responsible for attacking the military camp of the National Guard, as a result of which 12 people were killed and three others wounded. Four days before the attack, a video appeared on the Internet of a meeting of militants-returnees from Syria, members of another terrorist organization, which opposes the IS.

March 24, 2017 18:23

  • Authorities find rally of Navalny’s supporters in Volgograd anti-constitutional

    The rally of supporters of Alexei Navalny planned to propagate the ideas, which may be treated as aimed at undermining the constitutional order, an official of the Volgograd Mayoralty has stated at court. The aim of the rally was to get answers from the authorities to the questions voiced in the Navalny’s film, said Alexei Volkov, the electoral office coordinator.

March 24, 2017 14:49

  • Alexander Dolzhenko's defence accuses court of desire to produce "second Magnitsky"

    In Elista, in his final speech, defendant Alexander Dolzhenko has announced to the court his innocence in the case of deliberate bankruptcy of the "Dalnyaya Step" Company. The funds were withdrawn from the company under the control of top-ranking officials. This opinion was voiced by advocates, who suspect the court of "the desire to make the second Magnitsky out of Alexander Dolzhenko."

March 24, 2017 14:27

News archive