20 October 2010, 19:00

Zakaev denies his involvement in organizing the attack upon the Parliament of Chechnya

On October, 19, Ramzan Kadyrov, President of Chechnya, declared that the attack upon the building of the republican Parliament had been organized by Ahmed Zakaev, emissary of the Chechen separatists, who is currently staying in London. Zakaev denies his involvement in the incident.

Kadyrov dressed in a full uniform of major general of the Russian militia was extremely emotional and was not fastidious in his choice of words. The reportage from the session of Chechen Parliament was broadcasted by local TV-channel.

In particular, Kadyrov stated that Ahmed Zakaev "and his patrons in London and other Western capitals had been standing behind the attack".

The President of Chechnya emphasized that he was "refused visiting Europe" but "Ahmed Zakaev had found shelter in the West". "Where is the Western democracy, why do they shelter gangsters, where is justice?", Kadyrov kept saying adding that Chechnya was ready to receive their representatives and prove the fact of Zakaev's crimes.

Zakaev, in his turn, rejects all the accusations of this kind. He also sees a connection between the judgment by default of his arrest passed on October, 19, by the Municipal court of Yessentuki and the forthcoming hearing the case of his extradition to Russia in Warsaw court, BBC reports.

The emissary of Chechen separatists considers the same facts the reason for Kadyrov's accusations of his involvement in the attack in Grozny. "I have nothing to do with the events that took place today and the ones which had happened before because I'm out of contact with their participants", radio "Echo of Moscow" quotes Zakaev.

Usman Ferzauli, Zakaev's assistant, has formerly condemned the attack upon Chechen Parliament and declared that Zakaev had always spoken against this sort of actions.

In the local observers' opinion, the above mentioned statements of Ramzan Kadyrov have demonstrated confusion of the head of the republic, rather than anything else. The experts also suppose that speaking of Zakaev's involvement in yesterday's events in the building of the republican Parliament Kadyrov had been first of all guided by self-seeking motives.

"It is highly possible that the attack has been organized by Gakaev, Vadalov and other gunmen's leaders who had become out of Umarov's hand. This action, as well as the recent attack at Tsentoroy, is an obvious demonstration of the gunmen's abilities", one of the local experts said.

According to this source, "firstly, Kadyrov "had forgotten" that to accuse a person of committing a crime, a respective judgment is necessary. Secondly, Kadyrov in the presence of the deputies of the legislative body and the Minister of Interior Affairs of Russia has openly called for murdering of not only Zakaev, Gakaev and other gunmen's leaders but also members of their families and relatives. That is, he meant the principle of collective responsibility, a criminal one in its essence, and in fact he called for reprisal against quite innocent people", he added emphasizing that "neither the Minister of Interior Affairs of Russia nor the deputies who are under his control expressed any reaction to all these".

"I am afraid the yesterday's attack of the gunmen in Grozny will result in a new boom of violence and terror against the population", the observer remarked.

Author: Muslim Ibragimov; Source: CK correspondent

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 25, 2017 22:49

  • Relatives report disappearance of Apti Kharaev, resident of Chechnya

    Apti Kharaev, a resident of the Urus-Martan District of Chechnya, went missing on March 14; since then, his whereabouts is unknown, said his relatives, who turned to the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial". Earlier, Kharaev had been convicted for taking part in an illegal armed formation (IAF), and was accused of killing power agents, law enforcement sources have reported.

March 25, 2017 21:22

March 25, 2017 20:53

March 25, 2017 15:32

March 25, 2017 13:06

  • Tenants of “Neptun” boarding house in Sochi warned about eviction

    On March 24, a court marshal warned the three families remaining in the “Neptun” boarding house about eviction them without providing other housing. Svetlana Moiseenko with her two children and the Martynov family should do it before April 1, the Manukov family - before June 1. The tenants have stated that they have nowhere to move.

News archive