06 September 2010, 20:00

Death roll of Buinaksk terror act goes up to four

The number of casualties of the terror act committed on September 5 near Buinaksk has increased up to four persons; the number of those wounded makes 35 persons, as reported by lieutenant colonel of justice Albert Kokoev, head of the military investigatory division of the military unit.

Let us remind you that on the night of September 5 a Zhiguli car stuffed with explosive and driven, most likely, by a terrorist-suicide bomber, was blown up in the territory of the "Dalni" ("Distant") training range, near a soldiers' tent camp. It was initially reported that the terror act killed five persons and wounded 30 more. Today in the morning, Anatoly Serdyukov, Russian Minister of Defence, said that there were three casualties.

According to Mr Kokoev, the casualty was a soldier of the military unit 63354, the RIA "Novosti" reports.

Minister Serdyukov believes that the measures to prevent terror acts at the "Dalni" range were insufficient; militaries had to have acted tougher. In the opinion of the investigation, the sentry of the field camp was not completely ready to repel the attack of the suicide bomber.

On September 5, the Minister visited, on instruction of Russian President, the "Dalni" training range and examined the place of the terror act. According to his story, within 2-3 days the Commander-in-Chief of the Land Forces will present a detailed analysis of the incident on range "Dalni", the "Interfax" reports.

So far, none of the leaders of North-Caucasian militants has taken responsibility for this terror act.

Meanwhile, as reported by colonel Alexei Kuznetsov, official spokesman of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, only thanks to actions of the driver of the GAZ-66 truck, who blocked the road of the terrorist-suicide bomber, the casualties were rather few. According to the colonel, the driver is alive; now he is in hospital.

All news

August 25, 2019 11:49

August 25, 2019 11:46

August 25, 2019 11:37

  • Detained parishioners of Moscow mosque complain about beating

    On August 23, law enforcers checked documents of Muslim believers at the mosque in Moscow, after which they made detentions, including of natives of the Caucasus. One of them said that all the detainees received electric shocks, and two men were beaten up.

August 25, 2019 11:31

August 24, 2019 17:50

  • Head of Ingush Council of Teips acquitted under the case of Magas rally

    The Supreme Court (SC) of Ingushetia has cancelled as illegal the ruling of the Magas Court to fine Malsag Uzhakhov, the head of the Ingush Council of Teips (family clans), after the rallies in October 2018. This is already the second decision of Uzhakhov's administrative cases, quashed by a higher judicial instance.

News archive