13 May 2010, 18:00

The Grozny residents inform of youth abduction

Next abduction of a youth has happened in Staropromyslovsky district of Grozny. Representative of one of the Chechen NGO has reported to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that this abduction took place at around 11am this morning in Mayakovsky small town.

"We have just got information that around 11 am, at the exit of the school No.10 area, Staropromyslovsky district of Mayakovsky, the three armed men in camouflage clothing, menacing a youth with guns, seized and took him to an undisclosed location. One of the eyewitnesses says there were three abductors and they run a gun-metal grey auto VAZ-2114," an unnamed human rights activist who prefers not to disclose his organization has reported to a "Caucasian Knot" correspondent

"So far we know only that the abducted youth's name is Aslan, he is about 18 or a bit more and he is a resident of the so-called 'Old settlement' in Mayakovsky town. Also, there is some information about this youth having being already earlier abducted by siloviki (law enforcement officers), staying long under hatches and having being exposed to tortures, including beating and electric shock," a human rights activist says, having added there is every reason to believe that this abduction has been also performed by the power agencies people.

The law enforcement bodies have made no comments on this event, alleging lack of information.

Author: Alexander Ivanov; Source: CK correspondent

All news

July 23, 2018 11:41

July 23, 2018 11:41

July 23, 2018 11:39

  • South Ossetia and Syria establish diplomatic relations

    On July 22, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs (MFAs) for South Ossetia and Syria signed an agreement on the establishment of diplomatic relations. Another important outcome of the meeting was an agreement on the visit of the South-Ossetian President Anatoly Bibilov to Damascus.

July 22, 2018 10:02

  • Convict in Sefilyan's case stops hunger strike

    Arthur Movsisyan, who was found guilty of transferring firearms to the participants of the movement "100 Years Without Regime" in Armenia, has stopped his hunger strike because of health problems, his advocate has stated.

July 22, 2018 09:48

News archive