13 July 2009, 23:00

Estemirova: power agents order relatives of the girl assassinated in Grozny to bury her "without noise"

Representatives of power agencies have burnt down the house of relatives of Madina Yunusova, 20, the wife of Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov, who was killed in the course of a special operation on July 2, and gave out her body to relatives on July 5, having ordered to bury the girl "without noise". This was reported by Natalia Estemirova, representative of the Grozny branch of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial".

"In early June Madina Yunusova, born in 1989, failed to come back home and told her relatives that she had got married. On July 3, a heavily wounded girl was brought to the 9th Hospital of Grozny. For two days she was kept in a separate ward under guard. Someone recognized her as Madina and told her relatives. Her two aunts came to see her, but they were not allowed to come and talk to Madina. The girl came to her senses; she could eat and speak," Natalia Estemirova said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

According to her story, at dawn on July 4, power agents came to the house of Madina Yunusova's parents. They forced her mother, father and two small sisters into the boiler room, then poured gasoline over the house and put it on fire. Soon they left, having unlocked the door of the boiler room. The house was already in flames, but they managed to extinguish fire with the help of the neighbour, who lives in the second half of the house. After the fire, the Yunusovs have left.

"On the following morning, on July 5, some power agents, who did not present themselves, brought Madina's body wrapped in a shroud. They did not allow opening it and ordered to bury the girl without noise," said Natalia Estemirova and added that only after all these events the relatives learnt that Madina had married Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov.

So far, the law enforcement bodies of Grozny gave no comments on the incident, while Madina's relatives are afraid to file and submit any applications.

Author: Dmitry Florin; Source: CK correspondent

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

March 24, 2017 18:33

  • Date for return of Ingush battalion from Syria announced

    On May 10, fighters of the battalion of the military police sent from Ingushetia to Syria will return home. This has been reported today to Yunus-Bek Evkurov by Vladimir Ivanovsky, the head of the Chief Department of the Russian Military Police.

March 24, 2017 18:28

  • IS claims responsibility for attack in Chechnya

    The organization "Islamic State" (IS), banned in Russia, has claimed responsible for attacking the military camp of the National Guard, as a result of which 12 people were killed and three others wounded. Four days before the attack, a video appeared on the Internet of a meeting of militants-returnees from Syria, members of another terrorist organization, which opposes the IS.

March 24, 2017 18:23

  • Authorities find rally of Navalny’s supporters in Volgograd anti-constitutional

    The rally of supporters of Alexei Navalny planned to propagate the ideas, which may be treated as aimed at undermining the constitutional order, an official of the Volgograd Mayoralty has stated at court. The aim of the rally was to get answers from the authorities to the questions voiced in the Navalny’s film, said Alexei Volkov, the electoral office coordinator.

March 24, 2017 14:49

  • Alexander Dolzhenko's defence accuses court of desire to produce "second Magnitsky"

    In Elista, in his final speech, defendant Alexander Dolzhenko has announced to the court his innocence in the case of deliberate bankruptcy of the "Dalnyaya Step" Company. The funds were withdrawn from the company under the control of top-ranking officials. This opinion was voiced by advocates, who suspect the court of "the desire to make the second Magnitsky out of Alexander Dolzhenko."

March 24, 2017 14:27

News archive